Sports Conference Agenda
Thursday 12th October 2017; 6:00pm; Room 4Q56; Frenchay Campus
- Minutes from previous meeting
- Welcome and Introductions
- VP Sports and Health Plans for the year
- Welcome Fairs
- Authorised Absence
- Minimum of 25 by end of October
- 3 week period
- At least 10 days prior
- Sports Night – PamPams
- Student Experience Fund
- Off the Wall
- RAG (Sam Ansdell)
- Greener Futures (Tom Ball)
- SHAG Week (Sian)
- Alumni Interactions - sticky note
- Sports Strategy Discussions
- By Elections
- Closes 18th October & Campaigning begins 22nd October
- Community and welfare officer/ city campus officer/ postgraduate officer/ Frenchay campus officer/ LGBT officer/ BME officer/ Gloucester officer
- Student ideas
- Student Council
- What is it?
- Spread across the year
- Dates for your diary
- I Love Tour – Croatia
- Bournemouth 7s
- Dates of your Diary
- Next conference dates: Jan 25th 2018 and March 15th 2018
- Team Photos – 14th March 2018
- Sports Ball – Wed 23rd May 2018
- Date of next meeting: 25th January
UWE Sports Conference (3)
Staff Present: VP Sports and Health, Amie Egan, Alex Isaac, Catherine McCluskey, Kelly Howard, Sam Ansdell, Kieran Hopkins.
- VP Congratulated all finalists for both western conference cup and BUCs Big Wednesday.
- Outlined Sports strategy for 2018.
- KH – Outlined Sports structure, namely the performance criteria and development for 2018.
- The criteria for all levels was outlined across all levels.
- CMc – The application process was explained.
- AI – Introduced the idea of the membership model changing. Explained to students that we would like to engage students in this process and their feedback is important and it will affect their sports clubs the most.
- VP – Varsity Trailer was shown.
- This year, Rugby and Football Varsity will take place at Ashton Gate Stadium.
- Varsity Vision was outlined.
Current Ticket Sales
205 Rugby Ticket
39 Colour Run
20 x Standing Darts, all VIP booths sold out.
- RAG – SA talked about the different fundraising opportunities and the £1500 available for the sports club that raises the most money for their chosen charity. - £1200 for the society/club that raises the most money.
- SA –
- VP Sport Budget Allocations – Invited clubs to apply for the remainder of the money available.
- Outlined the funding opportunities i.e. Sport England.
- SA – Student Council – Reminded students of the Student Ideas programme and explained the new format of the student council.
- 5 x sports representatives were asked to volunteer.
Those selected were;
- Alastair King – Squash
- Patrick Edwards – American Football
- Barakh – Kick-boxing and Muay Thai
- Simon Pitman – Athletics
- Laura Dennison – Womens Football
Student candidates who are running for VP Sports and Health next academic year were invited to the floor to explain why students should vote for them.
- Marcus Carter
- Kate Jones
- Ali King
- Erin Mills
- Simon Pitman
- Bournemouth 7’s – Deadline is the end of March.
- Sports Ball – 24/5/17 – Nominations close on the 30/3/17
- BUCS Big Survey – Link will be sent tomorrow to provide feedback on how BUCS is run.
Erin Mills – Vice President Sports & Health
Email: Tel: 01173282915