September 20th, 2016
September – Attendance Awareness Month ~
- September has been proclaimed and marked as “Attendance Awareness” month in our PT community as well as across the State of Washington. We have crafted additional methods for inspiring and monitoring student attendance data as well as……imploring to ALL that diligent attendance is vital to each and every learner’s current and future success and growth. Please enjoy the link below to Why Attendance Matters:
Emergency Preparedness Plans ~
- Blue Heron School continues strive for safety and excellence in all capacities. In partnership with local PT Emergency Personnel, we hosted our first Fire Drill this past Friday. PT Asst. Chief, Brian Tracer, helped us supervise a very calm and successful Fire Drill here on campus. We were able to evacuate our entire campus and orderly collect all 400+ students and staff on our Blue Heron School Football field in 4 minutes. We have a robust Emergency Plan in place for all potentialities and will be implementing drills and practice each and every month throughout the school year to ensure the safety and security for all BH Learning Community members.
Washington State Healthy Youth Survey ~
- On October 13th, we will be administering the Washington State Healthy Youth Survey to all Blue Heron Middle School students. This is a comprehensive risk behavior analysis for our learning community students and one that is conducted Grades 6 to 12. Please see link below for more detail and we will make sure all Blue Heron School Learning Community members are privy to the data once garnered from the state.
Star Gazing Night ~
- BH Science teacher Jennifer Manning will again host a “Star Gazing Night” event for all 8th grade science kiddos one clear night next week. We look forward to hosting local space & planetary experts and learning and exploring our beautiful night sky as a science and learning community. More details and picture to come.
Fall Sports ~
- The Blue Heron School Fall Sports season is in full swing. Our football squad squares off against Forks in an Away match on Thursday, our Volleyball team competes against Chimacum in a Home match on Thursday, and our Blue Heron Harriers run against Stevens and Sequim in an Away meet in Sequim on Wednesday. As always join us for some great Middle School athletic competitions this week and throughout our sports seasons. Go Herons!
Blue Heron School Picture Day ~
- Picture Day(s) – Bring your Smile and plan for a great picture day event this coming Thursday and Friday, September 22nd & 23rd
- Individual photos – Thursday, September 22nd
- Group and class photos – Friday, September 23rd