SEPA QUICK QUIZ HANDOUT
1. Which of these should be included within a Flood Kit?
2. Where can most of the Earth's water be found?
In rivers Under the ground
In the clouds In seas and oceans
3. Where should you keep your flood kit?
In the attic With a neighbour
In a safe place Outside
4. Which of the following messages mean that flood waters have gone down?
Flood watch Severe flood warning
Flood Warning Warning no longer in force
5. What is the name of the process by which the Earth recycles its water supplies?
The Water cycle The Life cycle
The Recycle The Bicycle SEPA QUICK QUIZ HANDOUT
6. What is one of the most important environmental issues facing Scotland and the world today?
Climate Change El Nino
7. Which of the following does not save water?
Turning off the tap Fixing leaky taps
whilst brushing teeth
Shower instead of bath
Using Dishwasher to wash one cup
8. What is the name of the process by which water falls back to Earth in the form of rain and snow?
9. Which of the following warnings means that severe flooding is expected and that there is a danger to lives and property?
Flood Warning Flood Watch
Warning no longer in force Severe Flood Warning
10. What is the name of the service you can contact to get flood warnings and advice?
Waterline Flood Emergency Line
How Well Did You Do? _____/10