Main Duties of the Job
To work as part of the Installations team to ensure that our customers’ telecommunication systems are installed in a professional and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
The post-holder is responsible for:
- Working alone or with another Engineerthe post-holder will:
a)attend site in accordance with the work schedule provided by theInstallations Manager; ensuring that they arrive at site at the correct time in accordance with the installation instructions (normally 9am) calling the customer and Installations Manager if they are unable to attend site on time.
b)Undertake a Health and Safety risk assessment of the site, ensuring that all risks are eliminated or minimised and that you have the correct equipment, tools and protective clothing to carry out the installation before commencing work. Reporting any issues of concern to the Installations Manager before commencing work on site;
c)Check that the telephone survey gathered appropriate and correct information to ensure that the system will meet with the customers needs. Reporting any discrepancies to the Installations Manager before commencing work on site;
d)Ensure that each installation/base/lineswap has a technical check page completed at the end of the installation in accordance with the Installations Managers Guidelines.
e)install the telephone system, undertaking cable runs and overcoming buildings/logistic issues as they arise;
f)commissioning/programming of the equipment ensuring it is fully functional and that no faults exist before they leave site;
g)tidy the site after Installations work has been carried out ensuring that the site is left at least as clean and tidy as it was found upon arrival;
h)ensure that the customer is fully satisfied with the work undertaken before leaving site;
i)undertake appropriate training with the customer in accordance with the training guidelines issued by the Installations Manager.
j)call in any outstanding issues with the installations which the team have been unable to rectify to enable them to be rescheduled;
k)ensure that completed line orders and line rental agreementsare returned to the Installations Manager on each installation.
l)ensure that all relevant paperwork including the COAis signed before leaving site and that this paperwork is faxed to the Installations Manager before leaving site; ensure that the paperwork is given to the Installations Manager the next working day.
m)notify the Installations Manager before you leave site that you have finished on site having completed the work;
n)liaise with BT on site and undertake ISDN line swaps as required;
o)assist other Engineers with the installation or maintenance of equipment as directed by the Installations Manager.
- Taking responsibility for their own health and safety and that of any trainee or other engineer working with them, ensuring that they work in a safe manner so as not to cause harm to themselves or others;
- Supporting the work of the Technical team in additional eg undertaking Maintenance visits as required.
- Assisting the Technical team by carrying out general administration duties including filing,logging calls, faxing etc when in the office;
- Maintaining your vehicle is fit and roadworthy at all times, to ensure that you have your vehicle available for work at all times.
The postholder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not of themselves justify the re-evaluation of a post. In cases, however, where a permanent and substantial change in the duties and responsibilities of the post occurs, then the post would be eligible for re-evaluation.
It is essential that the postholder will:
- Be able to demonstrate their telecommunications and IP engineering knowledge is to a high standard;
- Possess Mitel qualifications;
- Be able to demonstrate an aptitude for technology;
- Have a high level of manual dexterity;
- Possess a current UK driving licence;
- Possess a current Engineering Construction Training Board Safety Passport and be prepared to update it as it expires;
- Possess IT skills and have a working knowledge of windows based packages and other databases;
- Be able to demonstrate proven customer care skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess good organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Be able to demonstrate their attention to detail;
- Have a flexible approach to workand the ability to work well as part of a team;
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development and be prepared to undertake training as required;
It is desirable that the postholder will:
- possess a current first aid at work certificate.