Tier 3 Support EngineerYour New Role
A highly technical 3rd line support role within the Service Department, it will involve working within our Managed Service from the perspective of a specialist infrastructure engineer – the scope of your role will depend on your expertise and background which we aim to utilise, build and expand on throughout your career. You will share our dedication and drive to creating, deploying and supporting pioneering software within a customer focused environment as the only provider of automation solutions for Microsoft across Europe and proud title holders of Microsoft Alliance and Microsoft Gold Partner.
Below gives a general outline of what we expect from our Tier 3 Support Engineers.
However, we are very interested in hearing from individuals specialising in the Desirable and Highly Desirable Criteria – whose job description will be specific to a combination of your skill set and responsibilities.
Location / Belfast/Dungannon/Birmingham / Hours / Shift patterns 7am to 3.30pm /9am to 5.30pm/10.30am to 7.00pm/ 1:30pm – 10:00pm
Job Type / Permanent / Reporting to / Tier 2/3 Team Leader
Key Responsibilities / As a 2nd/3rd Line Support Engineer you will be responsible for;
· Monitoring, managing and troubleshooting live environments,
· Day to day management of a number of both physical and virtual servers spanning multiple domains, including the patching and updating of related infrastructure and VDI desktops.
· Incident resolution at both 2nd and 3rd line support level
· Applying root cause analysis to problems and have solid experience of change control systems.
· Ensuring that all system enhancements and service improvements, as defined in user requirements, are fit for purpose and applied correctly.
· Travel to various on-site locations as and when required.
Knowledge and Qualifications / · 3 years+ experience of providing IT Support services or equivalent experience of customer facing Technical services
· Administration and maintaining experience of SCCM - packaging & pushing out applications
· Active Directory experience (at Group Policy Level)
· A fundamental technical understanding of Microsoft Technologies including DNS, DHCP, Virtualisation
· Knowledge of SAN technologies
· Knowledge of Citrix Infrastructure
· Knowledge of backups solutions
· Understanding of network concepts
· Previous experience of infrastructure deployment using SCCM, ideally within managed IT services environment
We would particularly like to hear from you if you are competent to 3rd line Support level in any of the following technologies:
· Hyper V/VMware
· Citrix XenApp 6.5, Xen Desktop 7.5 or Storefront
· Hitachi Storage
Person Specification / · Excellent Communication skills
· Customer-service orientation
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to adapt to varying demands
· Passion and commitment to excel
Salary for this role can range £25k - £40k per annum and is dependent on experience – benefits including laptop and mobile phone