Rosemount Girls’ Soccer Booster Club
June 5, 2013 Booster Meeting Minutes
Sandra Knott, President of the Booster Club, called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm.
Roll Call: Becky Busho, Rich Sachse, Stefani Stuckey, Gretchen Scheffel, Wendy Ojala (Klett), Justin Klett, Sandra Knott, Andrea Strosnider-Green
· Review of May 1, 2013 meeting minutes
Minutes were reviewed and approved.
· Treasurer’s Report
The June treasurer’s report was reviewed and approved.
· Captains’ Comments
· The captains are finalizing the team slogan.
· Clothing orders are due June 15
· Marissa is checking on if sample clothing can be available on Wednesday, June 12 after 4v4 and the high school sponsored camp for players to try on. A list serve email will go out if this is an option.
· Coaches’ Comments
· Coach Adams was unable to attend and had no updates since the May 19 player/parent meeting.
· Committee Reports
Committee Chairs & Booster Club Positions – need to fill several positions:
· President –Sandra Knott
· Vice President – Andrea Strosnider-Green
· Treasurer –Rich and Molly Sachse
· Secretary – Stefani Stuckey
· Website – Stefani Stuckey, Susan VerMulen
· Car Wash – Becky Busho / co-chair: Wendy Ojala, Laurie Carr – dates confirmed – Aug 3, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Rain date of Aug 9. Will be held at Rosemount Goodyear again.
o Committee met and plans are being finalized. Letter is updated and will be sent to list of interested players. We will not be doing the apparel drive this year, we will offer this every few years.
· Program Sponsors – Brian Fahey-Bleick, Sandra Knott, Andrea Strosnider-Green
o Becky gave Coach Adams sample programs from other sports. Sandra will get from him.
· Community Night/Homecoming – Co-Chairs: Bob Luna, Cindy Purfeest, Becky Busho. September 26, 2013 at 5:00 vs. Burnsville.
· Senior Night – Chair: Jennifer Pinnow, Co-Chair: Becky Busho – October 1, 2013 at 7:00 vs. Eastview.
· Publicity/Street Signs – Open Positions – Varsity Parents for 2013
o Kelly Ahrens will coordinate team bonding events with captains. Would like to do 2-3 activities. Ideas include Feed My Starving Children, Dakota United adapted sports games and/or practices together, pumpkin painting and delivery to local nursing homes, and a coordinated event with the boys teams such as bonfire, movie night, relay for life. Send any other suggestions to Kelly or the captains.
o Several yard signs are still available for sale. Price is $20 each.
· Game Banners for Varsity Games – Captains & Captains Parents
· Ball Girls – Chair: Gretchen Scheffel Co-Chair: Laurie Carr
· Leprechaun Days – Captains
o Each player should bring a bag of candy
· Clothing - Captains
o Sweatshirts and sweatpants available for order online until 6/15.
· Game Concessions & Varsity Scrimmage Concessions – Dawn Igoe, Jackie Mueller
· Wreath Sales –Sandra Knott, Andrea Strosnider-Green - Open Positions for 2013
o Location for distribution: home of Brenna Sullivan – list serve will go out with address and directions
· Alumni Game – Chair: Janie Leininger Co-Chair: Open. July 27th in the afternoon (after parade).
· Duluth Trip – Chair: Jason Hill Co-Chair: Open position for 2013 (JV or Varsity parent)
o Hotel reservations made for Holiday Inn for first trip and the Inn for second trip
· Teacher Appreciation Night – Chair: Janie Leininger Co-Chair: Jen Pinnow, Beth Edgar September 19, 2013 @ 5:00pm vs. Kennedy. (between Girls and Boys game)
· Photographer – Deb Johnson
o Deb will put together a schedule for photo day, Sunday, Aug 18
· Video Taping – Open position for 2013
· Mentor Program – Co-Chairs: Shelly Wilson, Anne McNeil, Wednesday, August 21st at 6pm Mentor Program kick-off
· Old Business
· 4v4 starts next week – 67 players registered
· High school camp for younger players also next week
· New Business
· Looking for a varsity team manager
· No meeting in July due to 4th of July holiday. Will need to touch base with Alumni game and parade committee prior to the events on 7/27.
· Meeting adjourned at 8:12 pm