Post-Cannexus Professional Development Opportunity
January 23rd and 24th, 2014
$440/per person Early Bird Rate until December 17th
$465/per person Regular Rate
In partnership with
‘Narrative’ and ‘storytelling’ continue to trend in coaching, counselling, interviewing and advising, but how does it work? How can we listen in new ways to our clients’ stories to distill what matters from what happened, to answer ‘what now?’ How can we integrate a narrative framework with assessments, coaching and advising?
Exciting results show significant increases in validated scales of hope, optimism, resilience, confidence, and curiosity & exploration, after clients experienced our narrative method of practice. These results correlate with higher career clarity, job satisfaction and job alignment.
Learn about this narrative approach used across North America and understand the dynamics of a framework that’s creating a new language for career management, and supporting a move toward evidence-based practice. To learn more go to
Training will appeal to: Career professionals, counsellors, coaches, advisors, HR professionals, trainers, therapists, social workers, helping professionals and recruiters.
Level 1. GET STARTED: Learn to Use a Positive, Holistic and Narrative Method of Practice
What you will learn:
- How to listen to stories with a greater understanding to help clients arrive at a new level of awareness, reframing dissatisfaction into career and life desires
- How to map what is happening in a narrative session, and to gather and organize client strengths, desires, personal qualities, assets, and influences from client stories
- How to align clients’ plans with their mindsets so they welcome opportunities and take inspired action
- Skills to transform a client’s career and life clarification into a succinct ‘Career Statement,’ and using it to guide exploration of possibilities
- Specific exercises and tools to help clients research and explore career possibilities and maintain momentum
- Ways to link this holistic, narrative approach to traditional career counselling, employment advising
- How to apply this framework effectively with a diversity of clients and in a variety of settings
What you get:
- Certificate in the CareerCycles’ Method of Practice, (pre-requisite for Level 2)
- Guidebook of CareerCycles’ Method of Practice containing 20+ core interventions, and accompanying working documents, learning program, client samples
- Client Handout set in PDF format (soft copies) for 20+ core interventions, versatile tools to email to clients for between-session tasks
- Licence to use 20+ core interventions of CareerCycles’ Method of Practice
- 1.5 hour group follow up meeting by teleconference to continue learning, debrief practice, ask questions, get answers
One easy step:
- Email to sign up for the teleconference
November 19, 2013, Noon – 1:00pm ET
- In this teleconference you will get an overview of how to apply a narrative approach to working with clients who are asking ‘What now?’ in their careers and lives. You will also learn about the published CareerCycles framework and method of practice, and how you can apply it in your work.
- Please join us and start learning how to listen to stories with a greater understanding to help clients arrive at a new level of awareness. We’ll save time for Q & A, and provide an overview of the upcoming professional training opportunities, so you can apply and integrate this holistic framework effectively in a variety of settings with a diversity of clients.
Mark Franklin, M.Ed.,CMF, is practice leader of CareerCycles. Mark and an amazing team of eight Associates have enriched the career wellbeing of 3500+ clients. Mark developed the CareerCycles method of practice published in Journal of Employment Counseling, presents nationally and internationally (Cannexus, NCDA, CCPA, CACEE, CACUSS), worked as career counsellor at U of Toronto and York U, and hosts Career Buzz radio show. Mark holds the Career Management Fellow designation through Institute of Career Certification International. Visit
POST-CANNEXUS TRAINING OPPORTUNITY – NARRATIVE mETHOD OF pRACTICE
Be an Early Bird – register by Tuesday December 17, 2013 and save!
Training will be at the Victoria Suites Hotel in Ottawa, ON
Preferred Room Rates available until January 6th Call 1-800-465-7275
You are responsible for booking your Hotel Room.EarlyBird / Regular
Level 1: GET STARTED. Learn to Use a Positive, Holistic and Narrative Method of Practice. Jan. 23-24, 2014, Ottawa / $440 / $465
Nov. 19, 2013 noon-1pm, ET / Free / Free
Full lunch and mid-morning breakfast snacks and refreshments included.
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY
CITYPROVINCE/STATE POSTAL/ZIP CODE COUNTRY
WORK PHONE HOME PHONE
SESSION / NUMBER ATTENDING / FEE PER ATTENDEE
Level 1: GET STARTED. Learn to Use a Positive, Holistic and Narrative Method of Practice. January 23-24, 2014, Ottawa
Material fee Level 1 / $25
Introduction Teleconference: November 19, 2013 noon-1pm, ET
Register by email: / FREE
SUBTOTAL / $
HST (13%) / $
TOTAL / $
Cheque: Payable to the order of CCDF and mail with this registration form to:
Attention: Training, CCDF, 202-119 Ross Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Y 0N6.
Invoice: Please email or fax this form to: and include the coordinates for invoicing.
Credit card: Card type: / / VISA / / MASTERCARD / / AMERICAN EXPRESS
Cardholder’s information: / Name:
Expiration date: / Signature:
m / m / y / y
Seats are limited and will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Registration is complete once the registration fee is received. Any request for refund must be received in writing by Noon January 6th, 2014. All refunds will be subject to an administration fee of $100. Cancellations after January 6th are non-refundable, however, a colleague can attend in your place at no extra cost. Full refund will be issued if the workshop is cancelled.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT MARIE-ANNE BÉDARD
or 613-729-6164 ext. 207