Position Title:Aquatics Director
Job Location:Royal Melbourne Country Club
Resumes Send To:Attn: Tony Rizzo, General Manager
Established in 1992, Royal Melbourne Country Club is a private, member-only club located in Long Grove, Illinois with 325 members. Royal Melbourne is Greg Norman’s first course design in the continental US and also features an Olympic size pool and four Har-Tru clay tennis courts. The club has a very active social scene, fine dining and private rooms for both personal and business entertaining, plus a wealth of special events.
Royal Melbourne CC combines the beauty of the sport with the beauty of nature. The course reflects Greg Norman’s design philosophy: that a private club should offer its members a challenging yet fair round of golf. Other amenities include a fully stocked golf shop, a choice of golf carts or caddies, a full practice facility, and lavishly appointed locker rooms.
The Aquatics Director works under the general supervision of the General Manager and is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service skills, establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, city officials, and all members of the general public. The Aquatics Director supervises aquatic staff including lifeguards, cashiers, seasonal employees, contracted maintenance staff and contracted outside aquatic program services. Manages and supervises assigned operations to achieve goals within available resources. Monitor the patrolling of the pool and the enforcement of safety rules and regulations. Plans and organizes schedules, daily opening and closing staff duties and staff assignments. Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff; reviews progress and directs changes as needed. Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans, prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports and recommendations. Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget, and performs cost control activities. Complies with Health Department laws and enforces safety with employees, and all members of the general public.
- Hires, Trains and supervises all Aquatic Staff.
- Implements fee structures for aquatic facilities.
- Plans, develops and implements aquatic programs and coordinates staff in the implementation of the programs.
- Prepares and submits to GM all brochures, calendars, letters, posters, news releases, flyers, and related communications promoting aquatic programs and facilities.
- Reviews existing aquatic programs and revises or changes programs as needed.
- Approves the scheduling of all aquatic activities.
- Oversees the maintenance of the swimming pool and has knowledge of pool operations and is CPO certified.
- Assures that pools are in compliance with Health Department regulations.
- Coach the HWCC swim team along with other staff and attend all practices and meets
- Ensure that all home swim meets have the necessary personnel & equipment in place to run the meet efficiently
- Become knowledgeable with “Meet Manager” software and able to execute this program during swim meets
- Responsible for reporting mechanical and chemical systems and scheduling maintenance and repairs of the systems.
- Performs minor repairs to chemical systems.
- Monitors and maintains pool filtration system reports all maintenance concerns.
- Reports - Adjusts chemistry as needed to maintain standards and instructs other staff on when to do so.
- Completes new hire safety training and provides certification documents when applicable.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
- Associates degree or higher, preferred.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university with a degree in recreation or a closely related field, and four years’ experience in the management, operation and maintenance of an aquatic facilities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of recreational sports, marketing, customer service, swim instruction and guest relations, preferred.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Must be a Certified Pool Operator or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid/AED certifications or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Must have current Water Safety / Lifeguard Instructor certifications. .
- Basic knowledge of filtration and chemical injection systems.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) regulations to assure compliance and public safety.
- Knowledge of pool chemistry.
- Knowledge of United States Swimming and Diving rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the equipment, facilities, operations and techniques used in a comprehensive aquatic recreation program.
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and direct varied activities involved in a community recreation program.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, instructors, community leaders, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of paid staff.
This is a seasonal, full time position May 15th through September 15th Uniforms will be provided. Meals are included with each shift. If necessary, CPO training will be provided. This position is eligible for a season end bonus based on performance. Compensation rate will commensurate with experience.