Mother & Baby, Toddler & Pre-school Yoga Teacher Training course
Information for website
To be added to the website once accreditation achieved.
This 6 day course will cover the period from 6 weeks old up to the age of 5. Covering Mother & Baby yoga classes, Toddler & Parent yoga classes and yoga for children in a nursery or pre-school setting. This course will enable you to teach yoga in a fun, safe and effective manner to mums and their little ones. Enabling yoga teachers to meet the varying needs of the different age groups and teach postnatal women safely within a Mother & Baby yoga class.
After completion of the course you will be accredited by the Yoga Alliance Professionals to teach Mother & Baby yoga classes, Toddler & Parent yoga classes and yoga for children of pre-school age, up to the age of 5.
Who is the course for?
Yoga teachers: The course is open to all qualified or trainee yoga teachers from any school or tradition. Trainee yoga teachers who have completed a foundation teacher training course are also eligible to apply. Pregnancy or children yoga teachers in particular may feel this is natural progression in their teacher career. Teachers must have a passion to use the physical and mental benefits of yoga to support mums and their little ones and enjoy working with younger children.
Yoga practitioners from other professions: Non-qualified yoga teachers are welcome to apply if they come from a related profession including Early Years Foundation educators, health workers, midwives or baby massage teachers. All non-qualified yoga teachers must have been practising yoga for at least two years and have attended a minimum of 40 hours of yoga classes.
All students should be safe to work with young children. Having an up-to-date Enhanced Disclosure (CRB check) is not a prerequisite of the course, but is preferable. And all students should be in a position to obtain one when they start teaching and come into contact with children.
The Course Content (syllabus)
Working with mothers (8hrs)
• Common postpartum conditions that impact on a yoga practice, including pelvic floor health, rectus abdominal separation, C-section recovery, continuing postpartum pelvic pain, and wrist, knee and back pain.
• A Mother’s health and wellbeing, including postnatal depression, sleep deprivation, birth trauma, exhaustion, breast-feeding, the pressures of motherhood and further pregnancies.
Mother and Baby Yoga Classes (6 weeks to fast crawlers) (12 hrs)
• Asana for just mothers, including precautions and modifications for common postpartum conditions.
• Asana for mother and baby together, including songs, movements, and visual props for babies.
• Ways to hold, lift and carry baby safely.
• Breath work, mantra/sound, and relaxation for mother and baby.
• Class plans and sequences for Mother & Baby yoga.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety.
Toddler and Parent Yoga Classes (early walkers to the age of 4) (10hrs)
• Understanding and managing normal toddler behaviour and exploring the ways in which a toddler learns and views the world.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddler, from early walkers to confident movers, including use of flash cards, stories, books and songs.
• Props and resources for toddler yoga, including scarves, bean bags, shakers, balls, parachute, and creative use of yoga blocks and bolsters!
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound.
• Class plans and sequences for Toddler & Parent yoga.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety.
Pre-school Yoga (yoga for children aged 2 to 5) (8hrs)
• Adapting the Toddler & Parent yoga class for children aged between 2 to 5 in a nursery or pre-school setting.
• Linking yoga to the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• Policies and procedures of a nursery or pre-school.
The Business of running classes for mums and their little ones (4hrs)
• Setting up a class, suitable venues, class times, payment structures.
• Child protection, and Enhanced Disclosures (CRB checks), our responsibility as yoga teachers.
• Marketing and Networking.
Yoga Alliance Professionals Accreditation:
70 hours in teaching Mother & Baby Yoga, Toddler and Pre-school Yoga for children from 6 weeks old up to the age of 5. This is a Professional Advance Course Vocational (PACV), accredited by Yoga Alliance Professional (YAP).
The course has met the stringent requirements set by the Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standards.
Venue, dates and cost
Venue: The Wellbeing Studios St Agnes, Miners and Mechanics Institute
St. Agnes Heritage Coast, Vicarage Rd, Saint Agnes, Cornwall TR5 0TL
Saturday 4th November 10.30am-5.30pm
Sunday 5th November 9.30am-5.30pm
Monday 6th November 9.30am-5.30pm
Saturday 25th November 10.30am-5.30pm
Sunday 26th November 9.30am-5.30pm
Monday 27th November 9.30am-5.30pm
Cost of course: £575
How to apply and Payment
There are a maximum of 12 places available on the course. To apply please fill out the application form and Amy Jones will contact you to confirm your suitability and place on the course. She will also send out pre-course information, including the assignments and reading list. Following this Amy Jones will arrange a payment of a non-refundable deposit of £250 per person to secure your place.
Course hours and materials
- 42 hours of course contact with Yoga Alliance Chartered Level 2 teacher Amy Jones.
- 10 hours personal reading and research
- 18 hours assignment, planning and teaching
Amy Jones will provide a full course manual to support all aspects covered in the course. A reading list will be sent to students prior to the start of the course. Students are expected to obtain all set texts on reading lists themselves prior to the start of the course and will need to bring them to each day of the course. Additional useful books will also be included on the reading list for future suggested purchases and study.
Terms and conditions
The course costs £575. A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required to secure your place. The remainder (£275) is due 1st October 2017. You will receive and invoice and receipt for all payments due via email. Payments are via BACS, details as followed:
40 43 36
Mrs A F Jones, use your name as a reference.
Included in the price:
- 6 days training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Processional Chartered Level two teacher
- Mother & Baby, Toddler & Parent and Pre-school Yoga training manual
- Refreshments through the day
- Certification upon completion of the course, including all assignments.
- Transport to and from venue
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Insurance to teach Mother & Baby Yoga, Toddler & Parent Yoga and Pre-school yoga to children up to the age of 5 years old. You will be able to obtain insurance through the yoga alliance professionals, as you will be accredited by them upon the successful completion of the course.
- Set course texts
Refund and Cancellation Policy (T&Cs)
Please note that all deposits are non-refundable, in the event you need to cancel your place:
- Cancellations 28 days or less before the course start date all payments are non-refundable. Deposit of £250 is transferable to a future course
- Cancellations 29 days or more before the course start date payment of £275 refundable. Deposit of £250 is transferable to a future course.
To cancel your place please do so in writing to
Amy Jones has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled you will be refunded your full course fees. Other costs incurred such as travel or time off work cannot be reimbursed.
Attendance and completion of the course (T&Cs)
Students should attend 100% of the course contact hours. Failure to attend the course contact hours will result in non-completion of the course and no certification. There may be the opportunity to make up missed contact hours, this must be pre-arranged with Amy Jones and will cost £150 per day. Certification of the course is also dependent on the successful completion and passing of all written assignments. If additional time and support is needed to complete assignments this will need to be agreed with Amy Jones and will cost £30 per hour for any additional time given by Amy Jones.
Your details (T&Cs)
Please note that Amy Jones will pass on your details to the Yoga Alliance Professional so they can contact you to register. Your details will not be passed on to any other parties.
Applicants from non-yoga teachers (T&Cs)
Graduates are only able to teach yoga in their professional capacity. Non-fully qualified yoga teachers cannot advertise themselves as a yoga teacher after the completion of this course. Graduates are only trained to teach Mother & Baby yoga classes, Toddler & Parent Yoga classes and yoga to children in a nursery or pre-school, covering the age range from 6 weeks old up to the age of 5 years. Postnatal rehabilitation yoga just taught to women is not covered in this course. If you wish to teach postnatal rehabilitation yoga Amy Jones offers an annual CPD workshop on this topic that you can attend to enhance your skills in this area. Graduates who are professionals in another capacity will be offer an Affiliate Membership on a membership only basis with Yoga Alliance professionals. Non-yoga teachers must have been practising yoga for a minimum of 2 years and attended 40 hours of yoga classes and be able to provided evidence of this as part of the application process.
By registering and paying a deposit for the course you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. You are agreeing to adhere to the code of conduct policy and confirm you have read and are happy with the complaints procedure.