Michael R. Copenspire
17110 – 112th Street Court East, Bonney Lake, WA 98391 (206) 250-6670
Motivated, focused, and hands-on operations manager with comprehensive knowledge and understanding in all phases of operations management with experience in warehousing & distribution, contingency planning, inventory control, budgeting, diverse motor-pool planning, training and development, safety program implementation & co-chairing, workforce planning, labor relations, vendor & customer relations.
EXPERIENCE2008 – PresentUniversal WarehouseAuburn, WA
- Warehouse operations; import/ export transloading & warehousing, pick & pack, quality control inspections, retail distribution & repackaging, inventory control both warehouse & yard. Experienced operator & trainer of warehouse and yard equipment. C-TPAT compliant and U.S. Customs CFS bonded warehouse.
- Planning; coordinate import/ export drayage, rail, and long haul materials transportation within intermodal services. Workload planning & distribution with warehouse staff as well as administrative.
- Administrative; provide supply chain solutions for customers. Contract negotiations, P&L responsibilities and facilities management which includes facility & equipment maintenance, vendor control, and purchasing. Training & development of warehouse personnel. Experience in using AS400 warehousing system.
2007 - 2008Allied Waste ServicesKent, WA
- Operations planning for commercial and residential hazardous & nonhazardous materials waste disposal; agency compliance regarding proper waste handling and transportation.
- Motor-pool management: dispatch, route planning, workload distribution and scheduling.
- Workforce planning; Job specific trainer, specifying jobs & roles, and managing personnel records & policies. Execution of bargaining unit labor procedures, providing liaison guidance for the company and support to bargaining unit members.
1995 - 2007United Parcel Service Seattle, WA
- Operations planning; execution of air/ground materials transportation (diverse motor-pool dispatch). Contingency planning & execution for weather anomalies, production variance, coordinating with multiple facilities for an effective motor-pool network.
- Workforce planning; screening applicants, job specific trainer, specifying jobs & roles, and managing personnel records & policies. Execution of bargaining unit labor procedures, provide liaison guidance for the company and support to bargaining unit members.
- Employee safety program; OSHA/ DOT mandates and guidelines, personnel training and records system, employee coaching to meet program goals and objectives. Complete understandings in OSHA/ WISHA industrial guidelines, workers compensation, return-to-work programs, FMLA, ADA, and injury & auto prevention and training.
- Position-specific personnel training has included; operations planner, hazardous material responder & acceptance auditor, ground transportation trainer, significant experience coordinating effective dispatch of aircraft, package cars and feeder trailers.
EDUCATION2005 Embry-Riddle University Renton, WA
- MS Transportation Safety
1999Eastern Washington University Cheney, WA
- Supply Chain Operations
- Warehouse Operations
- Transportation Planning, Scheduling, & Forecasting
- Effective Production Manager
- OSHA & DOT Compliance Specialist
- Inventory Control
- Training and Development
Operations Manager United Parcel Service 253-740-5924
Regional Engineering Manager
CB Richard Ellis
Global Account Manager
Century Distribution Systems
Page 1 of 2 2013