MARINE ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH PROGRAM
Please provide information in all fields of the application – Sections 1 through 15, using 12 ptfont. Refer to the application guidelines document for clarification on each section’s requirements and to the BCSFA website ( for more information on the research priorities that should be addressed through your proposed project.
All information will be kept confidential through the research proposal review process. Incomplete application forms will risk removal from the application process.
1. APPLICANT INFORMATION(If more than one applicant please complete for each)FULL LEGAL NAME (Organization or Individual)
ADDRESS / CITY / PROVINCE / POSTAL CODE
TELEPHONE # / FAX # / E -MAIL ADDRESS
MAIN APPLICANT CONTACT NAME / TELEPHONE # / FAX # / E-MAIL ADDRESS
2. PROJECT INFORMATIONA. PROPOSED TITLE / DURATION
Start date: End date:
B. PRIORITIES MET:What BCSFA Research priorities will be addressed?
C. LEVERAGING: Are there other sources of funds being leveraged for this project? Please detail funder and amounts below. (if applicable, provide details in the proposal budget)
1. ______2. ______3. ______.
I hereby declare that all of the above information contained within this application and proposal is correct and that if found to be otherwise, I agree to withdraw my organisation’s participation from the BCSFA research funding program.
Project Proponent SignaturePlease Print Name Title Date
MARINE ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH PROGRAM APPLICATION
4. APPLICANT ORGANIZATION & COLLABORATORORGANIZATION(S) PROFILES (Please provide up to ½ page description for each below).
5. PROJECT WORK TEAM DESCRIPTIONS & RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS(Please provide up to ½ page description for each below (including name, address, affiliation, and position) as well as attach CVs (up to 4 pages each) for principle investigators and technicians in application submission e-mail (pdfs or MSWord docs)).fffff
6. PROJECT PROBLEM / RATIONALE (2 pages maximum)
7. PROJECT OBJECTIVES(1.5 pages maximum)
8. DESCRIBE HOW THIS PROJECT WILL MEET PRIORITIES OF THE BCSFA MARINE RESEARCH PROGRAM (1 page maximum)
9. DESCRIBE HOW THE PROJECT CAPITALIZES ON LEVERAGING BCSFA RESEARCH FUNDS – e.g. DESCRIBE NEW PARTNERSHIPS, FUNDING PROGRAMS TO BE UTILIZED (1 page maximum)
10. EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOL DESCRIPTION & DATA MANAGEMENT (3 page maximum)
11. DETAILED TIMELINES FOR PROJECT MILESTONES-
DATE / MILESTONE / TEAM MEMBER
12. DETAILED DELIVERABLES OF THE PROJECT. NOTE: PROJECTS MORE THAN ONE YEAR IN DURATION WILL REQUIRE INTERIM REPORTING. ALL PROJECTS WILL REQUIRE A FINAL REPORT. Please include these in your deliverables. SEE APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR MORE DETAILS. (1 page maximum)
13. IDENTIFYING RISKS AND MITIGATIONS FOR PROJECT COMPLETION - Provide information for all cases below that apply. Use blank rows for additional identified risks.
RISK / Likelihood & Impact / Proposed Mitigation / Responsible Project Party
Loss of leveraged funds
Loss of primary investigator
Loss of research facility
Loss of data
14. IDENTFIY ANY CONFLICTS OF INTEREST (DIRECT OR IN-DIRECT) APPLICANTS INVOLVED IN THIS PROPOSAL MAY HAVE WITH THE BCSFA AND THE SCIENCE ADVISORY COUNCIL TASKED WITH REVIEWING RESEARCH PROPOSALS FOR THIS PROGRAM. (For descriptions of types of conflicts of interest, please see the application guide). (Maximum 1 page)
15. PROJECT BUDGET
Please complete the Budget spreadsheet available on the BCSFA application webpage. Instructions can be found on the first page of the spreadsheet. The Excel workbook can accommodate projects that span multiple years and involve more than one collaborator.