Maintain Compliance with All Regulatory Requirements and Ethical Standards Related To
/ Job Description Form
Job Title: Sr. Manager/Director of Supply Chain
Reports to: VP of Operations
This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials support to Avinger production centers. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and delivery of products to customer(s).
- Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure Avinger is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating a world class materials management group.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence on cGMP, quality control, and safety.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new ERP system and optimize its use.
- Lead negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and manages performance to ensure attainment
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand the job specific quality system procedures and processes as defined in the Training Matrix and adhere to the requirements listed in those documents. If any of the procedure or process requirements are unclear or ambiguous, it is the responsibility of the employee to notify his/her supervisor or Quality Assurance
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
- BS Degree with Masters or MBA preferred. Advanced certifications are a plus
- 10-15 years progressive experience in purchasing and materials management roles.
- 5-10 years of direct management experience in a medical device or regulated environment. Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class success.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.