Keep losing connection to server
Next: Access internet from a vlan with ip routing enabled
Spiceworks Help Desk
The help desk software for IT. Free.
Track users' IT needs, easily, and with only the features you need.
Learn More »
Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks.
I just setup a new Server2008 R2 VM from a fresh ISO (not a vm template), joined it to the domain and set a static IP.
I then switched to working on it through remote desktop and got SW6 installed and my SW databases moved over. Spiceworks is running just fine it seems, but now I'm losing connection to the server from my workstation.
As far as I can tell, I can access the new server from other workstations, and from my workstation I am able to connect to all the other servers we have, including the other 5 on that ESXi host.
Things I have tried so far:
- Checked DNS and ensured that the A records are correct for server and my workstation
- check DHCP to ensure my workstation ip lease is correct
- ipconfig /flushdns and /registerdns on my workstation and the server
- netsh winsock AND int ip reset on server (and went back and set the static IP)
- left domain and rejoined on my workstation
Oddly, after doing the ipconfig commands on my workstation, it will connect just fine for about a minute before failing. Below is a ping run that shows what I mean.
Can anyone think of anything else I can try?