Valet Cashier, Day Shift, Part-time
Job Title: Gold Key Valet Cashier, Part-Time
Location: PDX Airport Valet Services
Starting Wage: $11.00 per hour
Union Position: Yes
Drug Screen Includes Marijuana: Yes
Driver License Required: Yes
Shift Hiring For: Monday - Friday from 8:30am to 1:30pm
Our cashiers work independently in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail, cash handling accuracy, data entry accuracy, legible penmanship, professional appearance, and superior customer service skills. It’s important to note this is a premier/luxury customer service position. Great conversation talents are integral to setting the Gold standard in Gold Key Valet.
Cashiers continually monitor online Gold Key Valet Reservations, update the database accordingly, and inform the valet attendants of updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Counts “bank” of revenue at beginning of shift to ensure starting total is correct.
• Collects cash and/or validations and maintains security of cash.
• Makes change and issues receipts or tickets to customers for each transaction.
• Computes or re-computes bill from ticket showing amount due per customer.
• Operates cash register after time calculation (manually or by machine), calculates cost or transaction, and displays cost of customer transaction on cash register.
• Quotes prices for parking services for which money is received upon customer receipt.
• Completes lost ticket forms when original tickets cannot be located.
• Resolves customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
• Answers the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Maintains cleanliness of booth and picks up trash in the surrounding area.
• Conducts timely checks to see if a proper inventory of necessary work aids and supplies are located in booth.
• Verifies log of shift transactions against bank of “revenue” on hand.
• Compiles “bank” of collected revenue during the day once a predetermined amount of money has been collected.
• Record amounts received, cars in/out of facility, cars left in a facility (if applicable) while preparing shift report of transactions.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent, and at least 6 months of cashier experience required. Must be at least (18) years of age.
Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Background Check/Driving/Drug Screen:
Applicants must be able to pass a background check, including criminal history and driving records. Driving record search will include the past seven years looking for a DUI, major violations, and suspensions. Please note our drug screen includes testing for marijuana.
Applicants must be able to read and write in English. They must be able to communicate clearly, effectively, and positively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and count change back to customers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Be able to effectively respond to customer problems or complaints.
The work environment is both inside and outside. Cashiers are primarily in the cashier booth, but are also outside quite a bit. The valet services area is covered, but the temperature is typically cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate.
Applicants must be able to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 75 lbs. They must be able to stand outside in adverse weather conditions for long periods of time, maneuver between vehicles, and step on and off of curbs to assist customers.
Ability to function with a computer, various software, a multi-line telephone, and hand-held radio.
This position starts at $11.00 per hour. Please note this is a union position with Teamsters Local 305. The monthly dues are $27.50 and there is a one-time initiation fee to join the union.
We look forward to hearing from you!