Inventory Control Manager
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN (SHFB) seeks qualified applicant for one (1) position in the Operations department.
Establish and maintain effective inventory management procedures and accurate databases. Oversee any transactions into the inventory management system as necessary and/or auditing any systematic transactions on a timely basis. Manage the auditing of prior day transactions into inventory and investigating any discrepancies by test counts, by reviewing supporting shipping, receiving and transfer documentation. Initiate necessary inventory adjustments and communicate to upper management for approval with supporting analysis. Implement necessary changes to processes and procedures in order to reduce the need for future inventory adjustments.
Successful candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, logistics, accounting, or finance preferred. APICS Certification in Production & Inventory Control Management desired but not required. Minimum of five years related inventory experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of warehouse and supply chain operations and interaction will be essential for success.
- Advanced knowledge of data analytics using Excel (minimum requirement) and Accounting/Inventory Control software (Macola, SAP, Oracle, etc.) will be needed as well as the ability to produce reports in these programs.
- Previous experience with material handling equipment preferred (e.g. fork lift, cherry picker, reach truck, etc.).
- Required to develop and maintain a productive work team through training and development.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in communicating with team members in and out of the operations department.
- Act as a positive leader in the organization that fosters continuous improvement, discipline and accountability.
Reports to VP, Operations.
- Manage and oversee all inputs and outputs to maintain an accurate inventory management system for all locations.
- Develop all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts, including records of audits, and adjustments.
- Manage the accuracy of the day-to-day inventory transactions and balances.
- Ensure the Warehouse Management System is functioning properly within the system and that transactions are being processed properly and having the desired effect on the General Ledger. Inventory balances are tested against General Ledger balances at the necessary intervals to ensure accuracy of both records.
- Maintain records and reports on Inventory-Turn-Over (ITO) performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure all documents for product movement are properly accounted for in the company records.
- Make sound, data driven changes on programs and processes to improve the management of inventory and supply chain processes.
- Develop and implement resolutions to identify gaps.
- Manage the maintenance of inventory records.
- Oversee daily test counts and product searches, as needed utilizing necessary material handling equipment.
- Reconcile inventories to book records and make necessary adjustments.
- Acquire in-house certification on necessary material handling equipment within first 90 days.
- Acquire Food Handling Safety Certification within first 90 days.
- Lead and conduct physical inventories as necessary.
- Ensure all documentation is completed, filed and submitted in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Responsible for new item setup and donor type verification.
- Perform all duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards and in accordance with the highest possible levels of safety, accuracy and productivity.
- Maintain the facilities equipment and materials in a clean, neat and orderly fashion.
- Perform or assists in equipment maintenance as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be considered, applicants must submit a letter of interest to Human Resources no later than October 27, 2014.