Intern Software Development Engineer – MediaFirst
At Ericsson, we strive to connect everyone, wherever they may be. Because by being connected, people can take part in the emerging global collaboration that is the Networked Society - a society in which every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential.
Our services, software and infrastructure - especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud - are enabling the communications industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve their users' experience and capture new opportunities.
Ericsson Ireland, as part of Business Unit Media, is looking for Intern Software Development Engineer and Intern Technical Program Manager to help shape our next generation Cloud TV platform. This opening is part of a major investment with an exciting multi-year project to develop a ground-breaking family of next generation TV products. As a result we are growing our team.
Our group in Dublin develops Mediaroom IPTV and Internet TV solutions covering: Client, Server and Cloud development. Mediaroom is the world’s leading IPTV solution, deployed with major Telco Operators worldwide who in turn deliver IPTV services to over 12 Million households worldwide.
A Software Development Engineer should have excellent software development and testing skills. The successful candidate will work closely with a technical lead, developers, designers and Program Managers to design, develop and test product features and tools. Key responsibilities include: specification, architecture, design and invention, development, unit testing and integration for our next generation IPTV platform.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Studying for a Bachelor or higher qualification in Computer Science or related field; expected 1.1 or 2.1 degree on graduation
- Familiarity with web technologies
- A passion for video/TV and web based delivery technologies
- An interest in scale / performance / queuing theory modelling
- Mathematical and analytical mind set
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a passion for quality
- Ability to work independently and self-driven
- Excellent coding skills in any language
- Experience of using a source control repository (TFS/SVN/Git)
- Proficient in either Windows, Linux or MacOS
- Experience of developing applications using Web technologies such as:
- JSON-based service development using REST/.NET Web API
- Experience with Testing Frameworks
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Windows Azure / AWS / OpenStack
- JScript, JQuery, NodeJS and Backbone
- Big Data Analytics such as Elastic-Search, Log stash, Kibanna
What do we offer you?
An opportunity to work for the global leader in telecoms networks using the most up to date and cutting edge technologies as well as continuous training and development through all stages of your career. This is a chance to build a career in a challenging yet supportive environment which fosters initiative and personal growth.
When you’re not hard at work, you can grab a coffee in our onsite Starbucks or chill out in the games room! You can also join our Sports and Social club getting involved in lots of fun activities as well as our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as Ericsson GLO>BE (our LGBTQ Network) and the Ericsson Women’s Network.
Ericsson House, Clonskeagh, Dublin 4