Improving physiotherapy access
SASP Congress 14-16 September 2018: Gauteng, South Africa
Call for abstracts
Deadline for abstract submission: 20 February 2018.
Abstracts can be submitted as an attached document to an email to .
Notification of acceptance: 15 March 2018
[Early-bird registration ends on 29 March 2018 and all presenters must be registered for the congress].
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE SUBMISSION FORM.
- The presenting author must register for the conference;
- The presenting author will receive a certificate of presentation;
- The author(s) for each abstract included in the programme transfers copyright to the SASP to publish electronically and in other formats their abstract which will be presented at SASP Congress 2018;
- In submitting an abstract you must confirm that:
- You accept responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract and understand that the content cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline
- All co-authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented;
- You have secured any copyright/permissions clearance required relating to any previous presentations, equipment or other material for inclusion in the presentation;
- For all studies involving human participants or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and properly informed consent given where appropriate;
- Anyone who is identifiable in the abstract and presentation has given their consent to be included;
- The work is original, except for extracts from copyrighted works used with permission from the copyright holders, and that it does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary, or personal right of any third party.
I have read and agree to the information and requirements as explained above.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT WITHIN THE WORD LIMIT UNDER THE FOLLOWING HEADINGS
Abstracts will be made available to delegates electronically and must thus be structured using the following format.
- Title of abstract [maximum 20 words]
- Names and titles of presenter and co-authors /researchers [Contact details of authors to include full name and organization/institution for main author + E-mail and preferred contact telephone number for presenting author]
3. Abstract[maximum 300 words]
3.1. Purpose/Aim of the study and paper [What was the major reason for doing the study or presenting the information? Any secondary objectives? How does this study relate to the physiotherapy profession?]
3.2. Methodology [Describe the number and relevant characteristics of the participants and how they were selected. OR if a literature review – the sources consulted. What methodological approach was used for the study and the methods used for data collection? Describe the type of qualitative / quantitative data analysis used to assist you in interpreting your data]
3.3. Results [Briefly summarise the main findings derived from your analysis].
3.4. Discussion and conclusion [What can be concluded from the analysis of your data? What are the suggestions for future work? What are the implications for therapy practice/management/education/policy?]
4. Clinical relevance of study [maximum 50 words]
5. Did you get Ethical clearance for your study? YES / NO
5.1.If yes from which Institution? ______
5.2.Do you want to do an oral OR posterpresentation? Oral / Poster
- Will you be willing to chair a session? YES / NO
Thank you for submitting an abstract for the congress.
SASP congress 2018 - Scientific Committee
Chairperson: Associate Professor Benita Olivier –
Chairperson of the organising committee:
Magda Fourie – .
Tel: +27 (0) 27-6153170SASP congress 2018 - Call for abstracts / 1