HS Math 1Teacher: Mrs. Jamie Getz
Room: 264E-mail: Planning Period: 4thHour Office Hours: Tuesdays 3:15-4:00pm
- Come to classprepared. This includes: binder, assignments, agenda, and pencil.
- Follow the expectations for conduct posted in the classroom.
- Come to class on time.
- Write assignments in agenda each day.
- Put your name on your homework legibly, use pencil only, and show all work.
- Turn in your homework on time. Missing assignments will be recorded in the grade book as a 50%.
- If you miss school, you are responsible for the assignment(s) and notes missed.
- If you leave school early due to illness or a school function you are responsible for receiving your work before leaving and turning it in the next day with the rest of the class.
- You will be given two days to complete absent work. Any absent work that is not received will be counted as a missing assignment.
- Taking notes is required but there will be no grade given.
- These notes are YOUR guide for studying and for test help
- If you miss a day of notes, be sure to copy these from the teacher or friend as soon as possible.
- My PRA website will be updated frequently!
- There will be an abundance of resources for each and every chapter covered. PLEASE use them.
- As a Middle School, Learning Activities will account for 20% of a student’s grade and Assessments will account for 80% of a student’s grade.
- Learning Activities: Homework and Classroom Activities
- Homework will be recorded as a percentage.
- Any grade less than 60% will be recorded as a 60% in the grade book.
- Homework will not be allowed for retake as it is for practice and not to show mastery.
- All late homework is due by the test date. Any missing work will be recorded as a 50% in the grade book.
- Assessments: Tests, Projects, Exams
- 90-100% A
- 80-89% B
- 70-79% C
- 0-69% F
- All tests will have the opportunity for a retake.
- The best test score will be recorded from a retake. It will not be averaged.
- The opportunity for a retake is to show mastery among topics.
- Every test has the opportunity for retake during office hours. Once the semester is over, these tests are no longer available for retake.
- Final Exams will account for 10% of the semester grade.
Behavior Management Plan
- The classroom is sacred to teaching and learning.
- We will be focusing on early intervention, gateway behaviors and language.
- “Think Sheets” will be filled out when necessary at the back table.
- Please familiarize yourself with the cell phone and personal device policy in the PRA School Handbook.
Outline Guide (Possible changes may occur!)
*Arithmetic to Algebra
*Expressions and Equations
*Exponents and Functions
*Statistics and Fitting Lines
*Introduction to Geometry
*Congruence and Transformations
*Intro to Right Triangle Geometry
*Intro to Quadratics