How to fix “Encountered invalid record index” error when importing a STEP file
Have you “Encountered invalid record index” when importing a STEP file into SOLIDWORKS?
Encountered invalid record index
To fix the file try the following:
- Deactivate “3D Interconnect” in SOLIDWORKS Options > System Options > Import
- Open the STEP file using text editor such as Notepad. The file will open as text.
- Use Search/Find, and search for: PRESENTATION_STYLE_ASSIGNMENT
If this problematic data is found, replace it using the Search/Find & Replace command with: PRES
- Save the file. This parameter will now be skipped during the import’s parsing process, and thus the warning will not display and the STEP should import as expected.
- Retry the Import into SOLIDWORKS.
STEP File imported into SOLIDWORKS