Goodwill Industries Rehabilitation Center, Inc
Acceptable DonationsThe following items, in saleable condition, may be donated at any of Goodwill’s stores or attended donation centers. Large furniture items are accepted at any Goodwill stores. This is a partial list of acceptable items; however when in doubt follow this guideline: “If you would not give it to a good friend Goodwill cannot use the item.”
House Wares & Home Furnishings / Small Appliances (In Working Condition)
Baking Utensils / Knick-Knacks / Coffee Makers / Mixers
Canister Sets / Luggage / Computers (4 yrs or newer) / Microwave Oven
Baskets / Pictures / Fans / Portable Air Conditioners
Books, paperback & hardback / Pots & Pans / Games Systems / Radios
Collectibles / Records, Tapes, CD’s / George Foreman / Toasters
Dishes & China / Silverware / I Pods / Vacuum Cleaners
Flatware / Utensils / Lamps / VCR & DVD Players
Frames / Vases / TV’s (Flat Screen Only)
Glassware / VHS & DVD Movies
LinensAntiques / Dressers / Bedspreads / Pillowcases
Bookcases / Loveseat / Blankets / Sheets
Chairs / Sofa / Curtains / Tablecloths
Computer Desk / Tables / Drapes / Throw Rugs
Decorative & Throw Pillows / Towels
MiscellaneousClean & free of tears, stains, pet hair and odors
Boots / Infant’s Wear / Bicycles / Lawn Tools
Coats / Men’s Wear
Shoes / Free Weights
Garden Tools / Medical Aids, walkers, shower seats, etc.
Gloves / Sweaters / Games / Power Tools
Handbags / Ties / Golf Clubs / Sporting Goods
Hats / Women’s Wear / Hand Tools / Toys
The mission of Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio, Inc.
is to improve the quality of life and employment opportunities for people.
Revenue generated through the sale of donated items benefits Goodwill’s employment, education and training programs.
Unacceptable DonationsGoodwill regrets that we must refuse certain contributions. The following items are either too costly to handle, repair or sell. We appreciate your understanding and value your support as a donor.
- Large appliance (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, water heaters)
- Automobile doors, fenders, motors, tires, wheels, hubcaps, etc.
- Household trash and garbage, hazardous materials
- TV’s (except Flat Screens)
- Building and plumbing materials: windows, doors, sinks, tubs
- Excessively large/bulky items: swing sets, swimming pools, carpeting, metal and office desks
- Furniture that is covered in animal hair, broken, worn, torn, stained, missing parts, and sleeper sofas
- Foodstuffs of any kind
- Household chemicals, insecticides, cleaning products and cans of paint
- Propane tanks and kerosene heaters
- Weapons: guns, hunting knives, ammunition and fireworks
- Cribs, car seats, walkers, high chairs or other products that do not meet the current safety products standards of the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission
- Pianos (upright or grand); organs
- Billiard/pool tables
III.B.4a Rev. 9/11/15