Week 5 Session 2
- Given the atomic mass of copper as 63.60 amu, please fill in the missing piece:
Mass(amu) / Percent Abundance
63Cu / 62.9898 / 69.17%
65Cu / 30.83%
- Which atom on the periodic table has the smallest radius?
- Which atom on the periodic table is the least electronegative?
- Fill in the following table with the correct atomic mass, protons and neutrons of each element.
Number of Protons / Number of Neutrons / Number of Electrons
35 / 30 / 37
- Answer the following questions true or false:
- Electronegativity increases going across the periodic table
- An elements atomic mass is the mass of protons and neutrons in the element.
- The basic SI unit for volume is mL.
- Magnesium is an alkali metal.
- g/mL are the only units density can be written in.
- The percent of isotopes is considered when calculating the atomic mass shown on the periodic table.
- Convert to
- 2.80 x 1013
- 2.8 x 1013
- 1.01 x 1017
- 1.0 x 1017
- How many sigfigs are in
- What is the density of a metal that has a volume of 7.8m3 and a mass of 147kg?(1 cm3=1ml)
- 5.3 x 102
- 5.3 x 104g/ml
- 5.3 x 10-2g/ml
- 5.3 x 106
- The density of a substance is 4.1kg/L, what is the mass of the substance if the volume is 89ml?
- 3.6x 105
- Rank the following elements in terms of atomic radius. 1 being the smallest and 5 being the biggest.
- What is the mass percent of oxygen in a sample containing 0.45kg oxygen, 65.8g carbon, 89.6g nitrogen and 3.4kg fluorine?
- Fill in the blanks on the following table.
°C / K / °F
- Suppose you have an area that has the dimensions of 45m x 378m x 127m, it takes you one minute to clean 32cm3of the area. How many hours will it take you to clean the entire space?
- 4.1 hr
- 4.14 hr
- 4.14 x106 hr
- 4.1 x 106 hr
- If water has a specific heat of 4.18J/g°C, how much energy would be absorbed if there were 4.5kg of water and the temperature changed from was 45°F to 78°F.
- 3.44 x 105
- 6.20 x 105
- 3.4 x 105
- 6.2 x 105
- Explain the trends of the atomic radius on the periodic table.
- Explain where the protons, neutrons, and electrons are found in an atom.
- How many electrons does chlorine have if it contains 17 neutrons and has a charge of +2
- If it takes exactly 3 days for a cantaloupe to ripen at an altitude of 460ft. How long would it take in seconds with the altitude in inches?
- Answer the following questions knowing that the density of ethanol is 0.79g/ml.
- How many liters of ethanol contain 1.5kg of ethanol?
- How many grams of mercury are present in a barometer that hold 6.5ml
- A sculptor has prepared a mold for casting a silver figure. The figure ahs a volume of 225 cm3. How many ounces of silver are needed in the preparation of the silver figure?
- Calculate the mass in grams of a sample of gold that absorbs 225J of heat to increase the temperature 15.0°C to 47.0°C? Au has a specific heat of 0.902.
- Indium(In) has two naturally occurring isotopes: In-113 and In-115. In-113 has a 4.30% abundance and a mass of 112.9 amu. In-115 has a 97.5% abundance with a mass of 114.9. Calculate the atomic mass of Indium. Show all of your work.