GIRL SCOUTS OF EASTERN OKLAHOMA
Job Title:Chief Financial Officer
Reports To:Chief Executive Officer
Salary Grade:9 – Exempt
Serves as the top finance position for the council. Accountable for assisting the CEO in the sound financial control and management of the council’s financial operations. Provides financial guidance and advice to both the CEO and board of directors by recommending actions and alternatives consistent with council financial policy. Develops and maintains council-wide budgeting, financial planning, control, accounting, and reporting policies and practices. Also responsible for all council shared services including information technology, print shop, and retail. This role also provides strategic oversight to the council’s product sales program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops financial strategies and accounting policies and makes recommendations to the CEO and board of directors as to their implementation.
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance of the council’s general ledger and related accounting practices, including payables, receivables, inventories, fixed assets, and payrolls.
- Prepares income, balance sheet and cash flow statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications.
- Provides support for and attends the finance committee meetings and board of directors meetings.
- Provides oversight of and strategic input to the annual product sale programs. Ensures accurate and timely reporting, reconciliation of cash received and processing bad debts and returned checks from sales.
- Provides oversight of and strategic input to the retail shop operations. Ensures accurate reporting of daily sales as well as reconciling daily bank deposits and processing returned checks from sales.
- Develops and executes Information Technology strategy, manages the third party vendor contract, oversees software implementation, maintenance and upgrades, and monitors hardware.
- Annually evaluates council’s insurance policies, Property, Liability, Worker’s Comp., D&O and negotiates policies with agent.
- Works closely with human resources on benefits administration, including group medical, dental, life, short term disability, retirement and long term disability. Serve as back up tostaff for preparation of bi weekly payroll.
- Oversees IT outsource service provider and serves as single point of contact for IT equipment and applications.
- Leads the preparation of the annual budget. Ensures all department budgets are reflective of known expenses and revenue. Consults with the finance committee and the board of directors in the budget approval process. Prepares monthly variance analysis and develops new forecasts as directed by the CEO.
- Oversees the annual audit. Liaise with outside auditors to ensure audit is completed on a timely basis. Ensures all audit exceptions are closed and pertinent recommendations are implemented.
- Actively participates in all Senior Leadership Team meetings.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting/finance, including supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, values and Law.
- Willingness to work flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Proof of meeting Oklahoma State requirements regarding auto licensing, driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to exercise discretion/good judgment handling confidential/sensitive information.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Ability to work with volunteers and staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or bachelor’s degree in finance with 18 hours of accounting.
- CPA preferred.