FTHS GRADUATION 2016
We are working towards making your graduation ceremony on the evening of June 23, 2016 as joyful and memorable for you and your families/friends as possible. The ceremony begins promptly at 6:00 p.m. In order to help us achieve this goal, please pay close attention to the reminders for our 2016 graduates listed below:
- All seniors, whether attending the prom or not, must report to school the day preceding the prom (May 26th) and the school day following the prom (May 31st). Seniors absent from school on these days (without a valid doctor’s note) jeopardize their privilege to participate at graduation.
- Each senior receives two (2) admission tickets for an indoor ceremony and four (4) additional tickets for an outdoor ceremony. If the ceremony is outdoors, both types of tickets may be used, giving each family a total of six (6) tickets. All seating is general admission – “first come, first served”. Tickets are distributed at rehearsal.
- If you would like to request additional tickets for the outdoor ceremony only and/or need handicapped seating, please contact Mrs. Katz in the main office by Thursday, June 16, 2016 either via e-mail at or in writing.
- In order to walk in graduation, students are required to attend practice the morning of graduation. They are to report to the cafeteria 8:30 a.m., Thursday, June 23rd. Graduation rehearsal will conclude at approximately 12:30 p.m. All tickets for graduation will be distributed at that time.
- On the evening of June 23rd, students report directly to their assigned classroom no later than 4:45 pm. (refer to the lists posted on the media center window and the cafeteria window).
- Students are to bring their cap and gown with them; do not wear them to school. Please make sure they bring the collar for the graduation gown (females only), the tassel for the graduation cap and hair pins to secure the cap.
No writing will be permitted on the graduation cap.
- If the student arrives after 4:55 pm – they are to report to the cafeteria to be checked in.
- Students are to leave all valuables at home. There is no secure place to leave them.
- Proper attire is to be worn to the ceremony. This includes slacks (no jeans), white shirt, tie, socks and shoes; or a skirt, blouse, dress or dress slacks and appropriate shoes. Sneakers and flip-flops are not allowed.
- You will not receive your diploma on the field. After the ceremony is over, you will have until 7:45 p.m. to pick up your diploma in G-Hall, first floor. If you do not pick up your diploma at that time, you can pick it up in the main office, starting June 24th (8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.).
No diploma will be released to any student who has an open school fine or who has not served his/her scheduled detentions. All monies/books owed to the school must be paid no later than 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, June 22, 2016 to have your diploma available the day of graduation.
- The graduates will be seated A-K on the Home side and L-Z on the Visitor side of the field. Parents, please sit in the stands according to where your student is sitting on the football field.
- You only have one high school graduation and we want it to be memorable in a positive, dignified manner befitting your achievement. Any student disrupting the graduation ceremony will not receive their diploma that evening. The student will be required to make arrangements with the Superintendent of the Freehold Regional High School District to obtain his/her diploma.