Financial Controller Edinburgh S Telford College
POST:VIDEO PRODUCTION PRACTITIONER
RESPONSIBLE TO:Learning Technology and Resources Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB:To be responsible for pre-production, production and post-production tasks including producing, camerawork, directing and editing of videos to support learning and teaching.
Main Job Activities
- To create professional in-house videos to support learning and teaching within the college or which promote the college to external groups and international clients.
To work with college departments such as Marketing, International, Learner Services and Health and Safety to create promotional, instructional and awareness videos.
To assist in the creation and delivery of training sessions [to teaching staff] in various video-related areas.
To work with video production students on work experience projects.
To develop and maintain a video archive.
To optimise and publish finished videos for delivery via internal and external platforms.
To ensure that all copyright and other relevant legislation is in place and adhered to for all video production.
- Experience of commercial / educational video production.
- Providing excellent customer service and care.
- Ability to work independently, creatively and across a wide range of projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Understanding
- Understanding of copyright and production related legislation.
- High level of competency with Final Cut Studio 7 & X and Adobe Creative Suite production software (or equivalent, e.g. Avid / Adobe Premier Pro).
- Pre-production organisation and planning.
- Production management skills.
- Post-production management and understanding of workflows.
- Video / audio / graphic post-production (Photoshop, After Effects) for titling, affiliations and branding.
- Relevant camera equipment operation and skills (Sony PMW-EX3, Canon DSLR, JVC GY-HM100) or equivalent.
- Lighting and green-screen skills.
- Implications of accessibility, diversity and equality for video production and in the educational sector.
- Experience of various video and audio formats and codecs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Apple operating system.
- Excellent audio recording and audio editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with academic staff, students, clients and guests
- Directing people on camera.
- Ability to work as single crew and as part of small production team.
- To develop, organise and maintain digital archive of video / audio material.
- Stills photography.
- Creating screen capture instructional materials
- To have a recognised qualification relating to video / film making and production and / or substantial professional experience working within a video / audio production environment.
- Effective decision making.
- Working effectively with others and as part of a team / collaborative environment.
- Being client focused at all times.
- Driving licence.
- Effective time / project management skills.
- Taking personal responsibility
- High level of presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to devise and deliver related training sessions.
- Supervise students within collaborative working projects.
- To work to deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Working in a change environment.
- Flexible working hours and arrangements.