Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations
Duties of the Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations
- Responsible for managing and coordinating fund-raising efforts for institutional priorities. In this capacity, he/she works closely with leadership in establishing private funding priorities and advises them on trends in the philanthropic world, which affect organizational priorities. Responsible for developing, in concert with others, a sound development plan and set of procedures, to insure good working relationships within the entireAdvancementTeam.
- Annually write an engagement plan for the top 75 donors and prospects to present to the V.P. Advancement and President’s Cabinet.
- Creatively seek alignment between each donor and prospect’s vision that will advance Central Christian College education. Ensure donor’s vision and Central Christian College are in alignment in written gift invitation proposals and corresponding face-to-face meetings with donors and prospects.
- Participate with the V.P. Advancement in identifying and engaging potential leadership and major gift donors for the strategic Capital campaign initiative that advances a Central Christian College education.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing the relationship of the institution with corporations, foundations and individualsfrom who funds are soughtfor various programs and projects.Must possess and maintain an understanding of current philanthropic and public relations interests of individuals, foundations or corporations, acquired through regular contact with those individualsand organizations. In turn, he/she maintains the necessary relations to keep the institution’s name and achievements alive in the minds of individuals,corporate, foundation executives and board members.Serve as a positive ambassador for Central Christian College.
- Maintains contact with donors after receipt of contributions, to include preparing acknowledgements and sending letters / notes of appreciation.
- Lead the preparation efforts and implementation of the Advancement events. Expected to work with the V.P. of Advancement to plan events and follow-up with those in attendance seeking their continual support.
- Gather material, edit, and publish the monthly “Today” communique.
- Officially represent the college at conferences, alumni events, and other speaking engagements.
- Officially maintains contact with individuals that have included the college in their “wills and trust’s”.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the V.P. Advancement and Alumni Relations.
Interpersonal relationship, computer/excel, social media, public speaking, minimum of two years leadership experience, undergraduate degree (graduate degree preferred).
REPORTS TO: Vice Pres. of Advancement and Donor Relations
*Salary based on experience, education and skill levels, excellent benefit package.
Contact Dr. Dean Kroeker 620-504-3000 X 104 or