CHARNWOOD TRUST NURSERY NURSE LEVEL 3
The job profile
As a nursery nurse in a close and mutually supportive Charnwood team, you will assist in the educational and social development of pre-school children, some of whom have additional support needs because of disability or other issues. In some cases, you will work in partnership with the lead practitioner in Opportunity Group.
You will need to be able to fulfil the duties of the role within the context of the Christian ethos of Charnwood Trust, which includes standards of behaviour in the nursery and its environs, and respecting each person as a unique and equally valued individual.
- You love working with pre-school children. and deeply value and show respect to children and adults, whoever they are and however vulnerable they are.
- You are an effective EYFS practitioner, and with your level 3 knowledge and experience, have an understanding of child development and ways in which children learn best.
- You are able to plan, make observations, and produce information in written form.
- You embrace the principles that underpin the Trust’s work such as learning through play, recognising the importance of each family member, inclusion, the celebration of each individual’s uniqueness, servant-hood.
- You are keen to work within the Trust’s Christian ethos.
- You understand risk and safeguarding practice, and have the stamina to support vulnerable children.
- You are flexible, and able to grow into an evolving role.
The job role includes
- Assisting with the organisation of the area and resources, the setting out of activities, re-organisation, and clearing away and storage at the end of the session.
- Working as a key worker, and with groups of children or with children on an individual basis as requested by the teacher in charge.
- Supporting the children to play with toys and equipment and to participate in various activities, providing opportunities to develop and extend their skills.
- Taking responsibility for meeting the children’s toileting needs, matters of hygiene and safety, medication and any feeding difficulties or other issues, with particular attention to children with special and extra support needs.
- Attending to any minor injuries, recording and reporting same.
- Maintaining pupil records – carrying out assessments, collecting observations, photos and samples of work, and contributing to maintaining the record keeping system.
- Attending meetings as part of the nursery and / or Opportunity Group team to plan termly topics and weekly activities, and review children’s progress in the light of observations made.
- Supporting students on placement, and other visitors as appropriate.
- Participating in all nursery activities including assisting with open evenings, support groups, children’s parties and fund raising events as requested by the Senior Leadership Team.
LOCATION:Charnwood Nursery Heaton Moor
HOURS:The hours are from 7.45am to 4.00pm with 45 minutes for lunch, 5 days per week, term time plus some additional hours for planning and training sessions. In addition there will be the opportunity to work in the holiday club, which is 3 days per week during 4 weeks of the year (ie 27.5 hours per week).
QUALIFICATION: NVQ level 3, BTEC or NNEB or equivalent
SALARY:Charnwood has an Incremental Salary Pay Scale for nursery nurses, ranging upwards from £8.52 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience.
Charnwood Trust’s terms and conditions apply, including training opportunities and support. Charnwood has Investor in People accreditation, and it’s setting in Heaton Moor is judged as outstanding by Ofsted, and at Lancashire Hill and Belmont as good. Charnwood Trust aims to be an honest, fair and thoughtful employer.
Charnwood Trust is a Christian charity, but welcomes employees of all faiths and none. However, all employees have to agree to operate within the Christian ethos of the Trust, which includes standards of personal behaviour and respect of other people.