Calhoun City Council Agenda, February 13, 2017
FEBRUARY 13, 2017 – 12:00 NOON
700 WEST LINE STREET
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
FEBRUARY 13, 2017-7:00 PM
109 SOUTH KING STREET
DEPOT COMMUNITY ROOM
- Call to order and welcome – Mayor Jimmy Palmer
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag – Mayor Jimmy Palmer
- Amend or approve Proposed Agenda
- Amend or approvethe minutes of January 23, 2017 City Council Meeting. Amend or approve the minutes of the Executive Session of January 23, 2017.
- Mayor’s Comments:
- Council Comments:
- Councilman Edwards- Water and Sewer Operations, Water and Sewer Construction, Police, Municipal Court, Court Services and Enforcement, Fire, and Building Inspection.
- Mayor Pro Tem Barton- Electric, Telecommunications, Downtown Development Authority, Main Street Program, and Historic Preservation Commission, Schools, and Safety Committee.
- Councilwoman Palazzolo- - Street, Sanitation, Cemetery, Animal Control, Recycling, Golf, Recreation Authority, Recreation Advisory Committee, and Zoning Advisory Board.
- Councilman Hammond- Northwest Georgia Regional Commission, Revolving Loan, Library, and Airport.
- Public Hearing and Comments:None
- Old Business:None
- New Business:
- Motion to approve/amend the budget calendar for Fiscal Year 2017-2018. Note: approval of the proposed budget calendar will set the second City Council meeting in June for the 19th.
- Submission of Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Audit.
- Submission of first and second quarter FY 2017 financial statements.
- First reading of a building height variance for Calhoun Hospitality, LLC at a location of parcel #057B-096 (Lovers Lane Road). The applicant is requesting to exceed the maximum building height of 50 feet per the zoning code and to allow a proposed hotel building up to a height of 60 feet. The ZAB will meet on March 9th and the public hearing will be on March 13th.
- Beer, Wine, Liquor Manager Change request by Ruby Tuesday at a location of 731 Hwy 53 East. The prior manager was Megan Rhodes and the proposed manager is Benjamin Thomas.
- Motion to allow the Mayor to sign a contract for the collection of delinquent property taxes between the City of Calhoun and Government Tax Services, LLC.
- Revised Lime Silo Removal Alternate Proposal.
- First reading of a zoning change request for the existing zoning of Ind-G, to be rezoned to a Tower Site (TS) for 0.2296 acres at a location of parcel #C10-041 (CL Moss Parkway) for Skyway Towers, LLC. The zoning change request is for a proposed new 190 foot cell tower in order to help improve coverage and capacity issues. The Zoning Advisory Board is scheduled for March 9, 2017. The Public Hearing will be on March 13, 2017.
- Recommendation by the Calhoun Recreation Advisory Commission for Mr. Clint Thomas to serve another six year term on the Recreation Advisory Commission. Mr. Thomas’s current term expired on June 30, 2016.
- Recommendation by the Calhoun Recreation Advisory Commission for Mr. Grant Walraven to serve another six year term on the Recreation Advisory Commission. Mr. Walraven’s current term expired on June 30, 2016. Mr. Walraven has served two consecutive terms; however, the Calhoun Recreation Authority is requesting that he be considered for a third term as he is a valuable board member.
- Motion to allow the Mayor to sign an updated Actual Cost Utility Agreement between the City of Calhoun and the Georgia Department of Transportation. This water line relocation is a part of the South Calhoun Bypass project.
- Recommendation by the Calhoun Utilities Engineering Manager, David M. Burnett, for the award for proposed additional work to the Wastewater Treatment Plant Motor Control Centers Replacement Project to Rehab Construction Company, Inc. in the amount of $227,631.25.
- Other written items not on the agenda
- Work reports:
Eddie Peterson, City Administrator
- Motion to move to Executive Session, if needed
- Motion to return to General Session
- Motion to report Executive session, if appropriate
- Motion to adjourn