Ambassador to Business
The Ambassador to Business role is a vital, new volunteering position created to support Christian Aid in the fight against poverty. The Sustainable Development Goals, adopted in 2015, highlight the “fundamental” role the Private Sector has to play in world development.We also believe that businesses, and their leaders, can contribute substantially to alleviating poverty over the coming decade, and we have developed several new initiatives designed to maximize this potential.
The Ambassador to Business role will play an important part in the Christian Aid regional team, and will help to increase our visibility, fundraising ability and partnership opportunities within the business community.
What does the role involve?
As a Christian Aid volunteer, you will identify and contact business leaders, offering them the opportunity to partner with Christian Aid. You will assist and support the regional team by:
- Representing Christian Aid to local businesses
- Identifying potential private sector partners
- Investigating local business networks
- Communicating partnership options toSmall to Medium Enterprises
- Supporting private sector partners on an ongoing basis
What specific tasks will I do?
- Web based research
- Proactive contact to reach out to business leaders
- Meetings with potential partners within businesses to discuss different ways in which they can partner with us including joining our new action based network for business leaders (Salt), philanthropic giving or by getting involved in regional activities and events.
What skills do I need?
- Good communication skills
- A background in business, or good connections with the business community.
- Demonstrable experience of networking with business leaders
- Public speaking
- Working knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Some knowledge of, or interest in, development, and an affinity with our work.
How much time can I give?
- To do this role you would need to be able to give 0.5 – 1 day a week for at least 6 months
What support will I receive?
- You will be managed and supported by the local Philanthropy Officer and Regional Coordinator and your first face to face business leader meeting will be with one of these staff members.
- Appropriate induction and training for your volunteering role.
- Quarterly volunteer e-newsletter.
- Out-of-pocket expenses.
Are there any other requirements?
- You will need to be sympathetic to Christian Aid’s values and vision.
- Ability to work independently.
How can I find out more?
ContactMarie Symonds on 01454 415923 or 07583000306 or email .
Christian Aid UK registered charity number 1105851 Company number 5171525
Northern Ireland charity number XR94639 Company number NI059154
Republic of Ireland charity number CHY6998 Company number 426928
Scotland charity number SC039150