SAMPLE CV: Education graduate
Name Fiona Ryan
Address: 22, Castletroy Heights, Castletroy, Limerick
Tel:061 325689; 087 2335674
2001…PresentUniversity of Limerick
B. Tech Education
Major: Physics; Minor: Chemistry
Subjects included: List most relevant subjects.
Final Year Project: Short paragraph-explaining FYP.
1995-2001Colaiste Muire, Ennis, Co. Clare
Leaving Certificate – 6 Honours, including an A1 in English and Irish. Other subjects: Mathematics, French, Chemistry, Accounting, and Art.
Sep–Dec 2006Cresent Comprehensive, Limerick
11 – week block teaching practice:
- Taught chemistry up to Junior Certificate and physics to first year.
- Helped class teacher with transition years with responsibility for attendance, behaviour and reports. Ran a tutorial session on voluntary work.
- Participated in two parents’ evenings.
Feb–May 2006St Mary’s Convent, Ennis
6 – week block practice.
- Taught chemistry and physics up to 2nd year.
- Helped with special needs group.
Feb-Sept 2003Part-time district organiser for Watch (environmental charity)
- Planned, organised and publicised a programme of events and activities for a membership of 20, seven to fourteen year old children.
Summer 2002Sales Assistant – Hughes Bookshop, Dublin Airport
- Collated and summarised book reviews
- Liased with publishers regarding returned orders
- Provided point-of-sale service to customers
Summer 2001Crew Member – McDonald’s Restaurant, Limerick
- Awarded ‘Employee of the Month’ for customer service and excellence
- Arranged and supervised parties and entertainment for up to 30 children.
- Supervised a team of 15 staff on the late shift during the absence of the Team Leader
Planning and Organisation:
I have considerable experience of organising people, activities and resources through teaching, in my voluntary committee work, and as district organiser for Watch.
Reliability and responsibility:
I have an excellent attendance record at University and work. All my experience has demanded high standards of care and attention to detail, particularly with regard to the safety and wellbeing of others.
My paid and voluntary work in schools as help and teacher has shown that I can communicate with and relate to a wide age and ability range. Through my University course, I have developed high-level written and presentational skills.
In college and in school, I have enjoyed working closely with colleagues to share ideas and specialist knowledge. In particular, my work with Watch entailed close co-operation with activity leaders.
Information Communications Technology:
I have a working knowledge of a range of Microsoft applications, including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Photoshop, which I use to create materials and integrate ICT as a resource within my lessons. I have also used specialist subject-specific software packages, often in conjunction with a whiteboard. I regularly use the internet for research and lesson planning.
- Film: Secretary of the UL Film Society. Particular interest in foreign film and the history of cinematography.
- Mountaineering: led climb of local mountain range. Team member of climbing expedition to Wales.
- Other: Work with St. Vincent de Paul. Classical Music.
Dr Martin Murray,Mr Michael Dolan
Senior Lecturer Principal,
Dept of Physics,CastletroyCollege,
University of Limerick.Castletroy,
Email:l: 061 77777 Email: