7Th Grade United States History 2015-2016
/ St. Croix Catholic School
7th Grade United States History 2015-2016
Ms. SantosMs. Santos’ Contact Information
Office Hours: After school, by appointment
Phone: (651) 439-5581, ext. 344
Prehistory to 1850
First Civilizations of Americas
Age of Encounter and Colonization of America (1400-1675)
The 13 English Colonies (1630-1750)
The French and Indian War
The American Revolution
Creating a Republic
The Constitution of the United States
The Age of Jefferson
The Industrial Revolution
The Jacksonian Era
Westward expansion and the California Missions
- Explain different points of view from history.
- Read and understand primary sources.
- Identify and describe the source of a historical documents and artifacts
- Contextualize – make connections between historical eras and circumstances and particular events and accounts.
- Support historical claims with evidence
Critical Thinking and Communication Skills
- Ask thoughtful questions about and make logical conclusions from facts.
- Identify cause and effects.
- Apply the Gospel message to particular situations, issues and historical events.
- Understand the Catholic Church’s views concerning social justice issues and the Church’s reaction to particular historical events.
- Develop a moral sense for interpreting historical events and information.
- Negotiate differences with peers and build consensus.
- Use language with clarity, accuracy, and understanding.
Please always come to class prepared, with the following:
Homework that is due, pen/pencil, highlighter, History class notebook, History class folder/binder, and your agenda to write new homework in
Our US History Textbook will be online. Here is the access information:
Methods of Assessment
Tests, quizzes, projects, presentations, historical papers, role-playing activities, power point presentations, classroom discussions, and written assignments
Grading PolicyTests, Essays, & Projects / 50%
Quizzes and Class Participation / 25%
Homework and Classwork / 25%
***Please keep updated about your grades by checking Power School. You can get your personal login information from the school office.
Late Work and Absences
The class policy for late work follows the Middle School policy. Any work that is one day late can only receive a maximum of 75%. Work that is late for two or more days can only receive a maximum of 50%. Assignments that are late for more than 3 days will receive a zero.
If you have an excused absence, you will have as many days to complete the missed assignments as you were absent without receiving a penalty (Ex: If you were absent for two days, you will have two days from when you return to school to complete the work you missed).
Other Requirements: Please subscribe to our history class feed at St. Croix Catholic School’s website. By subscribing, you will get regular email updates about what we are doing in class. Please go to Click on Middle School Classes Seventh Grade History. Click on the SUBSCRIBE button on the right hand side of the class page and submit your email. Please feel free to call/email if you have any questions.
By completing this form, we are confirming that we have read and understood the syllabus for history class. We are also confirming that we have subscribed to the class feed on the school’s website.
Student Name (Print)Student Signature
Parent/Guardian NameParent/Guardian Signature
Parent Email/Phone NumberDate