2017 Walk the Beat Artist Registration Form
In order to participate in the 2017 Walk the Beat Event, all artists must complete this form legibly, and send the first two pages to Walk the Beat along with a music sample, an official band/artist photo, and a$25 registration fee (that will be refunded), by April 28, 2017. For more details on payment, mailing and the event itself, see the attached document below the form.
Basic Information:Band/Artist Name / Contact Person
Postal Address / City/State/Zip
E-Mail Address / Contact Phone Number
Secondary Phone Number / Preferred Location (if applicable)
*Artist Compensation will be sent to the address provided, and made out to the contact person.
Social MediaFacebook / Twitter
Instagram / Soundcloud
Bandcamp / Other (Website, iTunes, etc.)
Band/Artist InformationMember Names (if applicable) / Instruments
Biography (One paragraph only please)
Copy/Paste or Write here /
Have you performed at Walk the Beat before? Yes ☐ No☐
Any other information we should know?
Thank you so much for registering for the 2017 Walk the Beat Event! Please send this form with:
- Official Band/Artist Photo
- A music sample (does not have to be an original)
- A $25 registration fee
The deadline for entry is April 28, 2017
We will be notifying you on festival details when the submission period has ended. For details on where and how to send this form, and more on the Event, please read the attached documents.
Sending this Form
*Please read carefully*
In order to be eligible to participate in the 2017 Walk the Beat event, this form must be completed and sent by April 28, 2017, along with an official photo, music sample, and $25 registration fee.
The registration form, photo, music sample and fee can be sent through post, or electronically; directions for both are as follows:
If you are sending by post:
- Form must be completed, legible, and printed. Please only send the first two pages.
- The $25 registration fee can be sent as cash or check, checks can be made out to Walk the Beat.
- The photograph must be of high quality, and large enough to scan.
- Music sample can be sent on a CD or USB; if it’s available digitally, the name of the media and where to find it can be written on the “Any other information” line.
- All required information and items can be sent to:
Walk the Beat
P.O. Box 926
Grand Haven, MI. 49417
If you are sending electronically:
- The form, music sample, and photograph can be send in one e-mail to
- The title of the e-mail should read: “2017 Artist Registration for [Insert Band/Artist Name Here]
- Form can be filled out either manually or with a word processor, and scanned. Please print legibly.
- The $25 registration fee can be sent through PayPal to with the note “[Band/Artist Name – 2017 Registration Fee]
*Registration Deadline is April 28, 2017*
Why do I have to send a $25 registration fee?
We pride ourselves in being able to pay our artists and bands more and more each year due to the success of this event; however, we have to make sure artists are committed to the event when they register. This fee serves as a placeholder for artists and bands to attend and perform, and all artists and bands will be paid $75 per person (up to $300 for bands) after the event. Once each act has played at the festival, the $25 registration fee will be refunded to each band or solo artist.
What is an acceptable photo?
The photo you send will be your official band or artist photograph used on our website, social media, and any other advertising Walk the Beat may provide. It’s very important to send a high-resolution photo (preferably in color) that will adequately represent you as a band or artist. Sending the photo is your confirmation that Walk the Beat has rights to use it for anything related to the event or organization.
What kind of music sample are you looking for?
All we need is a sample of what the artist or band registering does, the music sample can be a video, song, recording, Soundcloud link, or any form of media that gives us an idea of the artist or band’s sound. The music sample does not have to be an original or professionally done. It’s just to give us a basic idea of the music you’ll provid
What is the Walk the Beat Event?
A 1-day music festival to showcase incredible talent from artists of all ages and genres, and to provide a platform for both aspiring and seasoned musicians to perform, meet and connect. Small businesses-turned-venues will act as hosts for the acts, and visitors will literally “Walk the Beat” from place to place.
This event serves as the annual fundraiser for the Walk the Beat Foundation – a non-profit dedicated to promoting a healthy community through music. For more information about what we do as a non-profit, visit walkthebeat.org.
Who can participate?
Everybody! Artists and bands of any age, genre, and skill level are encouraged to participate. Small business owners will host as venues, and festival-goers of all backgrounds will be enjoying the variety of music while voting for their favorite act.
When and where is the event?
This year’s Walk the Beat Event will be held Saturday, August 19, 2017 from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.in theEast Town of Grand Haven, MI. Each band and artist will be assigned to a small business location before the event, and maps will be provided.
What makes this event special for bands and artists?
Not only will there be hundreds of other musicians to meet and connect with, and thousands of guests to perform for, but all acts are invited to join us for an after party at Third Coast Recording Studio in Grand Haven, MI. after the event. The Walk the Beat Event is also a contest, and festival-goers will be text-voting for their favorite act the day-of. The winner receives an incredible prize package, and all participating artists receive other special benefits (See below for details on prizes and benefits)
How is this Event possible?
Our annual fundraiser is made possible by our incredible sponsors, local businesses, community and musicians like you that keep coming to play year after year. Thank you!
Best Act Contest
Throughout the Walk the Beat event, attendees will be text-voting for their favorite act the day-of. The band or artist voted “Best Act” will be announced at the after party of the event at Third Coast Recording Company, and the winner will receive the following:
(All musicians qualify for Best Act Contest automatically upon registering)
- 40 hours of recording and production time with legendary producer Bill Chrysler, who has mixed, toured and worked with many popular artists such as John Mayer, Paul McCartney, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna, and more.
- A music video from D-Squared Creative, a full service media production company.
- A band or artist website by Nick Lill Design
- A two hour photography session with Michelle Risley Photography
- An Interview with Dave Palmer on Walk the Beat Radio for 103.5 WAWL
- A four venue victory tour provided by Local Spins
All participating 2017 Walk the Beat Event musicians will receive the following:
- $75 per individual (up to $300 per band)
- 10% off recording and production time at Third Coast Recording Company
- A VIP After Party at Third Coast Recording Company after the event
- Entry to every door prize (est. value of $12,000)
- Thousands of guests to perform for
- Provided advertising, and electrical power for artists.
All artists and bands must bring their own PA and equipment.
Checks will be sent after the festival, and made out to the ‘contact person’ and sent to the address provided in the form.
Thanks to our sponsors!