2017 Sales Representative Recruiting and Hiring Process
The goal of the 2017 Recruiting and Hiring Process for sales roles is to streamline the process by creating clear roles and responsibilities for HR and the Hiring Manager (DOS). This process will offload the administrative aspects from the hiring manager so that he/she can stay focused on managing the open territory and interfacing with their team and customers. New features of this year’s process include more robust recruiting methods and an online assessment tool that will help screen candidates against the Bioventus sales rep hiring profile.
Objectives: Recruiter provides 3-5 high quality candidates to the hiring manager for face to face interviews within 8 business days after written resignation. Candidate accepts offer verbally within 30 days of written resignation.
2017 Sales Rep Recruiting and Hiring Process:
- Resignation Notification: Director notifies AVP, HR business partner and BV Recruiter of open territory and forwards written resignation to HR that includes effective date.
- Internal candidates: HR business partner (default to Jane Hern) will check the current ASR support list to see if any ASRs are relocatable to the open territory and eligible for a territory management role
- Posting the Position. The BV Recruiter is responsible for posting the role. The open position can be posted if replacing with the same job title.
- Positions will be posted on medreps.com, bioventusglobal.com, and indeed.com
- If open position is to be replaced at a different level (different title), then DoS must obtain written approval from AVP and forward approval to recruiter.
- If position is a new headcount, then approval from AVP is required.
- Intake session: Recruiter schedules intake session with hiring manager (DOS)within 48 hours of resignation notification. Recruiter completes Territory Profile document after intake session
- Profile questions sent to hiring director with Intake session invitation.
- Profile completed during intake session.
- Completed profile utilized by recruiter for screening purposes and is also sent to hiring manager.
- Recruiter will identify interviewers involved in process.
- Sourcing Talent
- Immediately following the intake session BV Recruiting will screen and send the top resumes
- If first pass resumes are not ideal, DOS can request to engage 3rd party recruiter (AVP approval required)
- ASR level: Recruiter will develop and maintain methods for recruit qualified and relocatable ASR candidates
- Screening Candidates
- Recruiter (BV or external) screens qualified candidates based on criteria designated in territory profile.
- Top qualified candidates complete online assessment (launch TBD).(An online assessment tool will be used to screen candidates to assess their fit against the Bioventus sales hiring profile. Currently looking for a new assessment that targets identified competencies. Assessment results can be used to assist in the interview process. Will focus on assessments already integrated with JobVite.)
- Resumes and assessment results for top candidates are forwarded to hiring director within 8 business days of notification of open territory.
- Future enhancement: Evaluating use of recorded video responses from candidates (virtual cover letter).
- Scheduling Interviews
- DOS face to face interviews
- Director shares date, location and time of availability for interviews.
- BV Recruiter provides behavioral interview guides to hiring manager based on identified competencies. (HM has ability to edit/customize guides if they choose to do so.)
- HR Coordinator schedules interviews for the hiring manager. Calendar invites include interview schedule, interview guides, resumes, andeach candidate’s online assessment Hiring manager conducts interviews
- Hiring Manager Recruiter and HR coordinator information on which candidates to move to the next round of interviews
- Non-hiring manager interviews: HR coordinator schedules candidate interviews with the previously selected DOS interviewers
- Feedback session: Recruiter organizes 30 minute conference call to review DOS feedback on top 2 candidates
- AVP interviews: Hiring manager decides which candidates to put forth to AVP and HR coordinator schedules a 30 minute interview with AVP. Hiring manager reviews candidates with AVP
- Offer: Hiring manager informs recruiter of selected candidate and proposed start date and makes verbal offer to the candidate. Once verbal offer is accepted HR coordinator emails and mails hard copy of official offer, application, and background information to the candidate
- Proactive Recruiting
- HR business partner notifies recruiter of sales personnel on a performance plan or “at-risk” in order to begin soft recruiting in designated territory.
- Director contacts recruiter regarding soft-recruiting alerts.
- Possible openings discussed during monthly AVP/recruiting meeting.