2010 Little Miss Twin Cities Pageant
PAGEANT DATE: Saturday, April 3, 2010
PAGEANT LOCATION: Clarion La Crosse Hotel
5100 North Stateline Ave., Texarkana USA 75503
EARLY BIRD ENTRY DEADLINE: MARCH 25th (All Entry Forms must be RECEIVED by!!)
FINAL DEADLINE: APRIL 3rd @ 8:00 AM (All Applications received after March 25th will be $15 more per category)
CHECK IN: 8:00 am ORIENTATION: 8:30 am EVENT STARTS: 9:00 am
AGE DIVISIONS FOR ALL EVENTS: (This event is open to All – you do NOT have to live in Texarkana to enter)
Baby Miss: 0-2 years
Tiny Miss: 3-5 years
Little Miss: 6-9 years
Junior Miss: 10-12 year
Teen Miss: 13-16 years
**Beauty Winner receives free entry to Miss Teen Dallas 2011 Pageant
Mature Miss: 17-23 years
**Beauty Winner receives free entry to Miss Dallas 2011 Pageant
The Miss Dallas Organization has the right to consolidate or re-align age groups if there are not 5 or more contestants in each age group.
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST ENTER THE BEAUTY PHASE OF COMPETITION!!! YOU MAY ENTER ANY OF THE OPTIONAL AREAS OF COMPETITION!!! A CONTESTANT CAN ENTER ALL PHASES!!!
AREAS OF COMPETITION AND ENTRY FEES:
1. BEAUTY – (All Age Divisions) Model dress onstage (church or holiday/party attire that is age appropriate). Dresses may be short, long, or tea length. Simple modeling pattern. Judged on first impression, appearance, beauty, smile, personality, poise, confidence, eye contact, carriage, and grace. This is the EVENING WEAR competition for the Teen and Miss age groups. Will also include an ONSTAGE INTERVIEW (with two questions) for contestants in the Tiny Miss age division through the Miss division. One adult may accompany contestants through the Baby Miss Division. Answering the question will be judged on ability to communicate based on age level. Questions will be age appropriate.
CASUAL WEAR – (Tiny Miss through Miss Division) Model a casual wear outfit of your choice that is age appropriate. Turns and poses are fine. Younger contestants can wave, blow kisses, etc. Judging criteria will be personality, stage presence, poise, confidence, eye contact, connecting to judges and audience and appearance.
ENTRY FEE: $50 (for both the dress and the casual wear)
2. TALENT - (Tiny Miss – Miss Divisions) Time limit is 2 minutes. Judges will deduct points for talent entries exceeding time limit. Judging will be based on overall first impression, entertainment value and stage presence. Technical skills will be based on age level. Talent outfit/costume should be age appropriate and compliment your entry. All CD’s must have just ONE song on them. ONLY CD’s will be used – we will not have equipment for cassette tapes, records, mp3 or IPods. Mark your CD with your name and title of music. Bring a back-up CD. 2 minutes maximum time limit. Be sure you have timed and edited your music to 2 minutes or less! We will have a regular stand-type PA microphone, if you feel necessary to use.
ENTRY FEE: $25
3. PHYSICAL FITNESS (Swimsuit or Sports Wear) – (All Divisions) Model a swimsuit or sports outfit of your choice that is age appropriate. Turns and poses are fine. Judging criteria will be physical fitness, personality, stage presence, poise, confidence, eye contact, connecting to judges and audience and appearance.
ENTRY FEE: $25
4. MOMMY AND ME – (Baby Miss - Little Miss divisions only) Model a matching or complimentary outfit of your choice that is age appropriate. Turns and poses are fine. This is your chance to be creative. Judging criteria will be creativity, personality, stage presence, poise, confidence, eye contact, connecting to judges and audience and appearance.
ENTRY FEE: $25
5. PHOTOGENIC – (All Divisions) You may enter as many photos as you want. Each photo should look age appropriate and be either a 5x7 or an 8x10 either Black and White or Color. This will be judged on the overall first impression, the age appropriateness, the beauty and charm of what is captured in the photo. (Also, bring photos the day of.)
ENTRY Fee: $10 per photo
ORDER OF COMPETITION: (Photogenic pictures must be turned in at registration) We will have two areas of competition going at the same time with the dressing area located between the two areas. Once competition begins, we will keep the show running. Each contestant is allowed ONE person in dressing. Space is limited. Competition will begin promptly at 9:00 AM and Awards Ceremony will begin around 11:30 AM
1. Mommy and Me
3. Physical Fitness
4. BEAUTY – (Casual, Gown & On-Stage Interview)
5. CROWNING AND AWARDS (at approximately 11:30 AM)
(Official schedule of Crowning and Awards will be determined by the total number of contestants)
Beauty Overall Winner Crown and Sash
Talent Overall Winner Crown and Sash
Physical Fitness Overall Winner Crown and Sash
Mommy and Me Overall Winner Crown and Sash
Photogenic Overall Winner Crown and Sash
(Winner will be awarded in each age group or combined
age group according to number of entries)
OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM FOR MISS TWIN CITIES 2010
***Any poor sportsmanship demonstrated by a contestant, parent, family member, etc., will be cause for immediate disqualification of your contestant without refund. Please understand we want to have a fun filled family event!
ENTRY FORM MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 25TH. ONLY CASHIERS CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY MAIL. NO PERSONAL OR BUSINESS CHECKS, CASH, ETC. YOU CAN CALL AND CONFIRM THAT YOUR ENTRY WAS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE. THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS. ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE MISS DALLAS SCHOLARSHIP ORGANIZATION WHICH IS A NON-PROFIT CORPORATION UNDER THE MISS AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP ORGANIZATION. JUDGES DECISIONS WILL BE FINAL. JUDGES WILL BE PROFESSIONALS IN THEIR FIELD.
LOCAL DIRECTOR: SHAWN EDMONDS 229-338-3338 ()
Please print legibly. Please check your age group. Please attach copy (just a copy, does not have to be certified copy) of your contestants birth certificate to this entry form. Entries will NOT be processed without the birth certificate.
____0-2years ____2-5years ____6-9years ____10-12years ____13-16years ____17-23 years
NAME: ______AGE (AS OF 04/03/2010)______DOB:______
FAVORITE THING TO DO WITH FRIENDS______
FAVORITE BOOK______FAVORITE FOOD______
FAVORITE TV SHOW______FAVORITE ANIMAL______
WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A/AN______
EVENTS ENTERED: Please check the events you would like to enter.
____BEAUTY CONTEST ($50)
____PHYSICAL FITNESS ($25)
____MOMMA AND ME ($25)
____PHOTOGENIC ($10 EACH) ____PHOTOGENIC ____PHOTOGENIC ____PHOTOGENIC *Please do not write or label front of photo in any way
TOTAL DUE$______MAKE CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO: Miss Dallas Scholarship Org
TALENT TYPE AND MUSIC SELECTION______
I, ______parent of ______, a contestant in the 2010 Little Miss Twin Cities pageant, hold harmless from and against any and all liabilities, suits, claims, damages, injuries, and actions, costs and expenses of any nature of anyone whatsoever relating to subject premises due or arising out of an act, common negligence of the participants. The Little Miss Twin Cities Pageant, Miss Dallas Organization, Board members, Judges, Clarion La Crosse Hotel, their employees, owners and members will not be responsible for any act of theft, vandalism or accident which may occur to persons or property before the competition, during the duration of the competition, or after the competition on April 3, 2010. I also understand and agree to abide by the rules set forth in this application.
No contestant will be allowed to compete without this signed form on file.
ABSOLUTE DEADLINE TO RECEIVE YOUR FORM AND PAY LISTED PRICES IS MARCH 25TH. ALL APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER MARCH 25TH WILL INCLUDE A $15 LATE FEE PER CATEGORY. CONTESTANTS MAY REGISTER THE MORNING OF, HOWEVER YOU WILL NEED TO ARRIVE AT 8:00 AM AND BE PREPARED TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL $15 PER CATEGORY (BY MONEY ORDER, CASH, OR CASHIERS CHECK).
PLEASE MAIL TO: MISS TWIN CITIES PAGEANT
c/o 5611 Stoneridge Drive, Texarkana, Texas 75503