Voting Strength at District Meetings
District Officers:District Officer / Vote / District Officer / Vote
District President / 1 Year Trustee
Sr. Vice President / 2 Year Trustee
Jr. Vice President / 3 Year Trustee
Treasurer / Banner Bearer
Chaplain / Flag Bearer
Conductress / Musician
Guard / Soloist
Secretary / Past District Presidents
Historian / Past Department Presidents
Patriotic Instructor / Past National Presidents
Color Bearer 1 / National Council Member
Color Bearer 2
Color Bearer 3
Color Bearer 4 / Total District Officers Votes
Auxiliary Presidents/Delegate Votes:Nbr / Auxiliary Name / Nbr of Current
Members / Nbr of Delegates
(1 per 10 Mbrs) / President / Total
Total Auxiliary Votes
Total District Officers ______
Total Auxiliary Votes______
Total Votes Cast ______
Votes needed to win ______
Handling Members with more than one qualification:
1.Identify all District officers (including Past District Presidents)
2.Are any of them also an Auxiliary President?
A.No: She gets her vote as District officer
B.Yes: Ask if she will vote as an Officer or Auxiliary President
As Officer: She gets her own vote, and the Aux. President vote is not cast
As Aux. President: She gets her own vote and the District officer vote is not cast
3.Are any District Officers or Auxiliary Presidents also a District Delegate?
A.No: She gets her vote as District officer or Auxiliary President
B.Yes: Ask if she will vote as an Officer/President or Delegate
As Officer: She gets her own vote and an Alternate has a vote in her place
As Delegate: She gets her vote as a delegate, and her individual vote is not cast
Casting the Auxiliary President’s vote:
- If the Auxiliary President is registered, she has the vote
- In her absence, the Auxiliary Sr. Vice has the vote
- In the absence of both, the Auxiliary Jr. Vice has the vote
- If none of these are registered, the Auxiliary President’s vote is not cast
- If the person acting as Auxiliary President has chosen to vote as a Delegate or other officer, the Auxiliary President’s vote is not cast.
Casting the Auxiliary Delegates votes:
- If at least one Delegate is registered, all Delegate votes may be cast.
- If no Delegates are registered, no Delegates votes may be cast
- Delegate votes may be split (for example: 2 for Person A, 3 for Person B, 1 abstaining).
- If Delegates are present, they should make their voting choice known to the person casting the vote.
- Auxiliaries not bonded, lose their vote
- Auxiliaries with missing Audits according to the Department Treasurer’s records, lose their vote
- Auxiliaries with no District Delegates on file, lose their Delegate votes (note, Delegate lists may be turned in at the District Convention, before the election begins)
- Auxiliaries who have not paid their District Dues, lose their votes
When in doubt, check the Bylaws!