USB Redirector - Powerful Solution for Remoting USB Devices
This software product allows to use shared USB devices remotely through a LAN, WLAN or Internet, just as if they were attached to your computer directly! USB Redirector provides quick resolution of your remote USB needs! It can act as both USB server and USB client, as well as there is a separate light-weight FREE client available. USB Redirector uses a regular TCP/IP connection for communication.
USB Redirector helps to:
- Access USB devices in Hyper-V virtual machine or any other virtual machine.
- Organize full-featured USB Server for users in your corporate or home network.
- Use USB devices on a computer where USB ports are damaged or missing.
- Redirect USB devices between computers in your home network or through the Internet.
- Redirect USB devices between Windows and Linux with the help of USB Redirector for Linux.
- Limit physical access to USB device, but make it available for users in your network.
Compare USB Redirector editions
USB Redirector works as background service:
USB Redirector works as a background service, this means you don't have to keep the app open all the time. Once you have configured the program, you can safely close it. USB Redirector will continue to work even when no user is logged in or after reboot. All the devices that you have shared will remain shared.
Free client is available!
We provide a light-weight USB Redirector Client that can be used to connect USB devices shared with full-featured USB Redirector. USB Redirector Client is absolutely free if you redirect devices between Windows-based computers (commercial license is required to connect to Linux-based systems). It is available for download in the Downloads section.
Redirect USB device in 5 steps:
- Step 1: Install USB Redirector on a computer where USB devices which you want to redirect are physically attached. This computer will act as USB server.
- Step 2: Share required USB device on USB server.
/ NOTE: when USB device is shared, it can not be used locally, because it is acquired for individual usage by remote USB clients! To make the device available locally again, you need to unshare it.
- Step3. Install USB Redirector Client on a computer where you need to use USB devices remotely. This will be your USB client.
- Step4. Create a direct connection from USB client to USB server or callback connection from USB server to USB client.
- Step5. In the list of available USB devices choose the needed one and press Connect.
- Result: Now you can use redirected USB device on a remote computer:
USB Redirector is licensed per computer. You should purchase a license for each of the computers that will act as USB server (i.e. a computer where USB devices are physically attached). We offer different kinds of licenses that allow to redirect different number of USB devices simultaneously. The license should be applied on USB server.
To connect USB devices on the remote computer you can use our FREE USB Redirector Client*.
* USB Redirector Client is free for connecting USB devices shared by USB Redirector. But it is payable for connecting USB devices shared by USB Redirector for Linux.
USB Redirector works on the following operating systems (both 32-bit and 64-bit):
- Windows XP (SP3 or newer)
- Windows 2003 Server (SP1 or newer)
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server (including Server Core and Hyper-V Server)
- Windows 7
- Windows 2008 R2 Server (including Server Core and Hyper-V Server)
- Windows 8
- Windows 2012 Server (including Server Core and Hyper-V Server)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 2012 R2 Server (including Server Core and Hyper-V Server)
- Windows 10
- Windows 2016 Server (including Server Core and Hyper-V Server)