Unleashing Healing Power Through Spirit-Born Emotions Sermon notes
The LORD roars from Zion... and the heavens and the earth tremble (Joel 3:16).
Roaring at Lyme disease
A YWAM Crossroads Discipleship Training School leader in Kona, and a friend of mine, Tim Madden, shared this story with me in January of 2013. Lyme disease…
When God roars, the enemy is destroyed
●The LORD will go forth like a warrior, He will arouse His zeal like a man of war. He will utter a shout, yes,He will raise a war cry. He will prevail against His enemies (Isa. 42:13).
●The LORD roars from Zion... and the heavens and the earth tremble (Joel 3:16).
●The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil (1 Jn. 3:8).
●The kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force (Matt. 11:12).
●The righteous are bold as a lion (Prov. 28:1).
Roar and experience deliverance from the Lord!
Like as the lion and the young lionroaring on his prey(Isa. 31:4).
I’m the young lion, the parent lion is Jesus, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and the prey is a demon and some hindrance he is causing in my life and destiny.
So shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for Mount Zion, He will deliver it; He will preserve it (Isa. 31:4,5).
As you battle against this problem in your life, why not get really involved and roar at it? Yes, I really mean ROAR at it. Get emotionally passionate! Get loud! Get intense! Get involved! Even get angry! And since it is the Lord of Hosts joining with you in doing the battle, you might just as well see this with the eyes of your heart. It is Jesus, as the Lion of Judah, standing there with you roaring at this problem, and commanding it to be gone NOW!!!
“Crying out” gets God’s attention
Bartimaeus cried out and would not be silenced (Mk. 10:46-52)!
A blind beggar namedBartimaeus, was sitting by the road. When he heard that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Many were sternly telling him to be quiet, but he kept crying out all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" And Jesus stopped and said, "Call him here." So they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take courage, stand up! He is calling for you." Throwing aside his cloak, he jumped up and came to Jesus. And answering him, Jesus said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" And the blind man said to Him, "Rabboni, I want to regain my sight!" And Jesus said to him, "Go; your faith has made you well." Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road (Mk. 10:46-52).
Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength(Jer. 17:5).
And a Canaanite woman began to cry out, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed." And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us." But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, "Lord, help me!" And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed at once (Matt. 15:22-28).
Jesus – “Will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly” (Lk. 18:7,8).
Principle: Keep crying out until you get your miracle, freedom or deliverance.
Prophetic Gestures Release Kingdom Power
Prophetic Gesture – Action you take, in faith and obedience to God’s instruction, which releases a miracle.
Prophetic gestures release spiritual energy, and when done in faith and passion,release MORE spiritual energy.
Elisha told King Joash:“You must strike the Syrians till you have destroyed them." Then he said, "Take the arrows"; so he took them. And he said to the king of Israel, "Strike the ground"; so he struck three times, and stopped. And the man of God was angry with him, and said, "You should have struck five or six times; then you would have struck Syria till you had destroyed it! But now you will strike Syria only three times." (2 Kgs. 13:18-19 NKJV).
What do we discover from the above story?
- Prophetic gestures,done half-heartedly, release some power.
- Prophetic gesturesdone in faith and passion destroy the enemy.
- Examples: Blood over doorposts (Ex. 12:22), Naamanwashed in the Jordan seven times (2 Kings 5:9); Lepers, going to show themselves to the priest, are healed on the way (Lk. 17:14).
See it already done
Gazing upon images of God’s promises as already fulfilled produces Spirit-born emotions that unleash healing power – body, soul and spirit.
And He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be." Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness. (Gen. 15:5-6)
Decree God’s purposesand things happen
●You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you (Job 22:28).
●"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you (Mk. 11:24).
●Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand, to execute vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron, to execute on them the judgment written; this is an honor for all His godly ones. Praise the LORD (Ps. 149:6-9)!
God’s miracle working power rides on the carrier wave of compassion
Jesus “moved by compassion … healed” (Matt. 14:14). (“To have the bowels yearn”Spurgeon – Verb )
The Carrier Wave principle –Compassion is the carrier wave that healing power rides on.
“Emotions are the channel of the spirit” –If kingdom emotions are the channel of the Spirit…
Might it be possible that, “the larger the channel, the more healing power is released?”
"Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone.(Mk. 11:25)
Include generational sins and curses – 3 and 4th generation…
Decree, Roar and Prophetic Gesture Prayer Encounter
- You will be guided through nine steps.
- Honor the Spirit’s flowing thoughts, pictures and emotions, acting upon them IN CHILDLIKE FAITH.
- You are welcome to journal out what God is speaking and doing.
- Get into a comfortable location and position.
- Plan on standing when you do the roaring, crying out and prophetic gestures.
- Come into God's presence– I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders (Ps. 9:1,2). (1 minute)
- Lord, what enemy do You want to defeat today? Accept in faith what comes to you. (1 minute)
- What sins do You want me to repent of (mine and generational), so this enemy has no legal rights to affect the situation? Sins can include: actions, beliefs, judgments, unforgiveness and curses. Accept in faith what comes to you. (2 minutes)
- I repentand experience cleansing of sins and generational curses, and I see Jesus cleansing and purifying, making me white as snow. (2 minutes)
- I declare that by His stripes I (insert name) am healed! Speak this with vision, emotion and passion 4-5 times. SEE the price He paid to purchase your healing. State, "I will not squander this precious gift which was purchased at such a great price!" (Repeat 3-4 times, emphatically.)
- Join with Jesus in roaring at the enemy –The LORD roars from Zion going forth like a warrior, He raises a war cry. He prevails against His enemies (Joel 3:16;Isa. 42:13; 1 Jn. 3:8). I usethe name of Jesus and see Him joining me in roaring at and rebuking the enemy and commanding demons to be gone in His name! I get intense! (2 minutes)
- Lord, what prophetic actiondo You want me to take to defeat this adversary? Does He want me to strike, sever, push back, walk, leap, cleanse, etc.? Listen for His direction. (2 minutes)
- I perform this prophetic actionwith passion, conviction, intensity and thoroughness, knowing that as I do it, His Spirit's power is being released to battle. (2 minutes)
- Lord, give me a vision of this promise fulfilled –See it DONE! Feel kingdom emotions of joy and gladness sweep over your being. Head and heart come into harmony. (2 minutes)
- Victory is released as I thank Him – Celebrate the victory you see with joy and laughter as you gaze upon the promise fulfilled. As Paul was singing praises to God, chains were unfastened (Acts 16:25-26). (2 minutes)
- Repeat this exercise as necessary to FULLY experience your miracle (Ps. 55:17).
- Deepen the revelation through two-way journaling (
- Lord, what more do You want to speak to me concerning this issue?
- What additional steps do You want me to take to experience full healing?
- Create your memorial – It is important that you create a memorial of what God has done so you can look back at it and always remember this day of divine victory. Write out a summary of what God has done today for your future reference. Perhaps He will have you create or purchase a visual which represents this victory.
- Share your testimonyand inspire faith in others. If you are willing to share your testimony please send it to me at . It can be as long or short as you desire, with as much or little detail as you want. Your testimony can include your name, your initials, or “name withheld”.
Gazing upon images of God’s promises as already fulfilled, produces Spirit-born emotions that unleash healing power – body, soul and spirit (Gen. 15:5,6; Matt. 14:14; Rom. 14:17).
When I have my spiritual eyes focused continuously on the joy set before me, the excitement and gratitude of the end result become mine. In that moment, as I experience those kingdom emotions, I have the title deed to my new reality.
When I can see myself walking in the promise fulfilled, it is mine. A cascade of affirming emotions are released, making me thankful and grateful. Now my heart and mind are in agreement, and this releases the Spirit’s power.