This Role Description Has Been Designed to Provide Detailed Information on a Specific Voluntary
Volunteer Role Description
This role description has been designed to provide detailed information on a specific voluntary role at Crisis.Role: / Challenge Events Logistics Volunteer – Square Mile Run Series
Department/ Project: / Community & Events
Location: / Crisis HQ – 66 Commercial Street, E1
Timings: / May – July 2014 – 2-3 days per week. Available to attend two events 5th and 12th June.
Department/ Project Information:
Crisis is the national charity for single homeless people. Funds raised from our events go towards our work helping homeless people to transform their lives and look to the future.
You will work within Crisis’ busy events and community team, supporting the Challenge Events Executive to plan and deliver the logistical elements of the Crisis Square Mile Run series. This Crisis Square Mile Run is the biggest annual charity fun run in the City. Last year the event attracted over 2,000 participants who took part on the 3.75 mile course around the City. Four years ago a relay event was added to the series that has been growing in popularity year on year. Last year over 600 people took part. In 2014, we are hoping to raise £140,000 from the Crisis Square Mile Run series.
The Crisis Square Mile Run Series is set to take place on Thursday 5th June and Thursday 12th June 2014.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Liaising and coordinating with our Bermondsey warehouse
- Putting together a plan, schedule and equipment list for both events
- Organising parking permits for the two event days
- Securing vans for free to transport our event equipment to and from the site
- Securing driver volunteers, communicating important information to them about their roles and getting their driver’s licenses.
- To provide support with logistics and on-the-day delivery of the event
- Assisting at recruitment days – such as flyering at underground stations
- Provide other support to the Events Team as directed by the Challenge Events Executive
Skills & Experience
- Good communication skills (including telephone skills and written communication)
- Good administrative skills (including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel)
- Good organisation skills
- Confident to manage a small team of volunteers
- Highly efficient and organised
- Able to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Driving license (suitable to drive vans)
- Commitment to the vision and values of Crisis and an understanding of the issues surrounding homelessness.
- Informative and structured induction to the role and organisation
- Opportunity to gain experience of working with a major homeless UK Charity
- Regular supervisions with designated line manager
- Ongoing on the job training
- Lunch vouchers or expenses provided and Travel Expenses (within Greater London) reimbursed
Application Form > Interview > References
66 Commercial Street, London,