I would like to fill this position as soon as possible, so if you have any qualified and interested candidates please forward their information or have them email me their resume directly.
Thanks for your assistance.
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
3000 W. Alameda Ave. Room 1658
Burbank, CA. 91523
EHS Specialist I
Job # 567887
Universal City, CA
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
The EHS Specialist I is responsible for development, delivery, and facilitation of the Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene Programs, as well as for assisting with the Compliance Assurance Program. In this role you will also be responsible for basic industrial hygiene and indoor air quality assessments, audits and inspections and EHS evaluations as assigned.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Leads the Ergonomics Team as acting element # 17 champion
- Conducts ergonomic assessments in technical areas or those outside the scope of trained team members
- Coordinates use of 3rd party assistance in ergonomic evaluations
- Implements Element #12 (Safety Risk Assessments) as the acting element champion
- Performs and/or coordinates the development of Safety Risk Assessments (SRAs)
- Reviews and approves all completed SRAs
- Ensures the affected department receives the final SRAs to utilize as training.
- Calculates adjustment of Industrial Hygiene risk of technical and non-technical jobs
- Assesses job risk by observing, sampling and interpreting findings. These investigations can include a variety of scenarios from noise exposure to indoor air quality. Conclusions and recommendations made impact programs such as respiratory protection, noise exposure and chemical exposure.
- Ensures employees receive notifications of the monitoring results and maintains program documentation
- Develops and implements audit and inspection protocol against existing programs and procedures to assure compliance, maintains audit documentation and works with areas to close findings and determine appropriate corrective actions
- Communicates compliance with regulatory and internal procedure through safety committee and staff meetings, matrices and reports as necessary
- Provides safety investigation and response to safety service requests
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Occupational Safety and Health required
- Minimum 3 years in occupational safety and industrial hygiene experience
- HazWOPER required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered (note job#: 567887)
- Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred
- Have documented skills in Mold recognition and remediation preferred
Nowhere in this universe will you find more powerful opportunities to contribute to changes taking place in the industry. We offer a competitive compensation, excellent benefits and involvement in the world of entertainment. As a member of the NBC Universal team, you'll help shape the future in the company of "Great People Doing Great Things." For prompt consideration, apply online at: typing in the job# 567887.