1.1Technical SpecificationsCompany Name: USABlueBook
Description / As Specified / Fully Describe any Variance
Deicer Storage Tanks
- Tanks shall be a minimum of 1.7 Specific Gravity.
- Each tank shall have a minimum of two 3” threaded double-flange bulkhead fittings.
- Each fitting shall be placed away from the tank knuckle radius and flange lines.
- Threaded 18 - 24 in. vented lid (Manway).
- The tank shall be warranted for a minimum of three years in regards to defects in materials and workmanship.
- Tanks shall be cylindrical, flat bottom, single wall tanks molded in a one-piece seamless construction by the rotational molding process.
- Tanks shall be made from high density polyethylene (HDPE).
- Tanks shall have a minimum of 3 lifting lugs integrally molded into the top head. The lifting lugs shall be designed to allow erection of an empty tank.
- Each tank shall be labeled with the following:
- Drawings will be included with every tank. Drawings will include, but not be limited to, dimensions and fittings.
- Schedule and acknowledgement: Delivery must be made within 60 calendar days after receipt of order unless a later date is noted on the order document. The contractor must submit an acknowledgment of the order within three business days from the time of their receipt of the order.
- Delivery times: Delivery must be made during purchaser’s normal work hours, per purchaser’s security and access processes, or as otherwise mutually agreed in writing between the purchaser and contractor at the time of order placement. The purchaser may refuse shipment when delivered after normal working hours.
- Location and performance: All deliveries are to be made to the applicable delivery location as indicated in the order document. When applicable, the contractor must take all necessary actions to safeguard items during inclement weather. In no case may the contractor initiate performance prior to receipt of written or verbal authorization from authorized purchasers. Expenses incurred otherwise will be borne solely by the contractor.
- Supplier shall be solely liable for any tank damages that occur prior to acceptance of delivery.
- Suppliers must notify WSDOT at the phone number listed on the purchase order 24 hours prior to the tank delivery. This is to ensure that a WSDOT employee is available to sign and date the bill of lading (or other delivery document) to indicate WSDOT has accepted delivery of the tank.
- When the tank is ready for final delivery, it may be delivered to WSDOT facilities (as specified on the order document) between the hours of 7:00am and 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Deliveries shall not be made during other hours, on weekends or on legally recognized state holidays.
- WSDOT will not accept any responsibility for equipment that has been delivered to, or left at, a WSDOT facility unless a WSDOT employee has signed and dated the delivery documents indicating WSDOT has accepted delivery of the equipment.
1.3Delivery Locationsto WSDOT
This contract will provide deicer storage tanks to a variety of locations for the Washington State Department of Transportation and other authorized contract users. The locations for WSDOT include, but are not limited to the list below. DES reserves the right to add or remove locations as necessary. Additionally, other purchasers may utilize this contract and will identify separate delivery locations. Delivery of deicer storage tanks to customers other than WSDOT will be based on pricing provided for the location closest to the delivery point.
WSDOT Regions by County:
Northwest Region 1: San Juan, Whatcom, Skagit, Island, Snohomish, King
North Central Region 2: Okanogan, Chelan, Douglas, Grant
Olympic Region 3: Clallam, Jefferson, Grays Harbor, Mason, Kitsap, Thurston, Pierce
Southwest Region 4: Pacific, Wahkiakum, Lewis, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania, Klickitat
South Central Region 5: Kittitas, Yakima, Benton, Franklin, Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield, Asotin
Eastern Region 6: Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Lincoln, Spokane, Adams, Whitman
- As a condition of this bid and award, Bidders/Suppliers shall provide a minimum three (3) year warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty must be honored by all authorized factory and/or manufacturer’s dealerships.
- Supplier shall be liable for all costs associated with warranty repair(s) including, but not limited to materials, parts, labor, and transport of equipment that are disabled due to the failure of the equipment during the warranty period.
- Warranty coverage will not commence until the date the tank is placed into service or 30 days after final payment, whichever occurs first.
- The Bidder/Supplier must be capable of, and will be liable for, providing repair parts and supply support for a minimum of three (3) years after the delivery date of the tank.
- During the warranty period Supplier must begin physical repairs on equipment failures within 72 hours after notification of a failure. Should the Supplier fail to begin equipment repairs within 72 hours after notification, Customer may elect (based on operational requirements) to make the warranty repairs. Should Customer elect to make such warranty repairs, the Supplier agrees to fully reimburse the Customer for all parts, materials, labor, shipping and travel costs incurred for such warranty repairs. Customer shall provide Supplier with a detailed invoice and Supplier agrees to remit payment within 30 days after receipt of the invoice. Failure to provide and complete warranty service/repair within two weeks (14 calendar days) of tank delivery, may be sufficient grounds for the State to deny the Contractor from bidding in future contracts due to poor performance.
- During warranty period the Supplier may, upon notification of a warranty failure, authorize Customer equipment repair technicians to make warranty repairs when it advantages the Customer and the Supplier. The Supplier shall reimburse Customer for all costs associated with the warranty repair.