Suggested Rubric Advanced Math Ii E08
SUGGESTED RUBRIC ADVANCED MATH II E08
Student Name: ______Date: ______
- To receive a ‘B’, the student must show ‘B’ level mastery on all essential outcomes (TSWs).
- The teacher’s discretion on the student’s holistic performance on the unit, including such items as: the above ‘A level rubric, the unit project, group work and class discussions will determine ‘A’ level mastery.
TSW / ‘A’* LEVEL / ‘B’ LEVEL / Comments
- The Student Will find the nth term and the nth partial sum of a sequence.
- TSW find the terms of a recursively-defined sequence
- TSW write a summation using Sigma Notation.
- TSW recognize arithmetic sequences and series, identify the initial term and common difference, and utilize appropriate formula to calculate nth terms and nth partial sums.
- TSW recognize geometric sequences and series, identify the initial term and common ratio, and utilize appropriate formulas to calculate nth terms and nth partial sums.
- TSW determine if there exists a finite sum to an infinite geometric series, and if so, calculate this sum.
- TSW make mathematical conjectures by observation and then prove them using the Principal of Mathematical Induction.
- TSW use the binomial theorem to expand a binomial of the form (x+y)n.
- TSW engage in one or more interactive activities or projects that requires inquiry, analysis, application and/or interpretation of unit objectives (TSWs).
- Particularly make sure to cover: TSW calculate the amount of an annuity, mortgage payment, car payments, interest rates and similar real life financial application problems. [12.4, pp. 808]
QSI ADV MATHEMATICS II E08 RUBRIC
Copyright © 1988-2013