2016 PASTORAL COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, July 25, 2016
Start: 7:05pm; St. Jerome Annex, Room 3AA
FR. RAJ. PASTOR____
Chair-B.J. Todaro ____Lloyd Alcorn _absent___Theresa Julian _absent___
Vice-Chair-Richard Skurla____Peter Campbell _absent___Bill Moyer _absent___
Recorder-Amanda Chasteen ____ Emily Hunter ____Brenda Rieger ____
- Opening Prayer – Brenda
- Reflection –Emily; from “Teaching & Christian Imagination”; discussed the difference between being a pilgrim or a tourist
- Fr. Raj: Sacred Heart (Valley Mills/Bagby) has no open Saturday availability for a mass. Will look at having a prayer time instead.
- Announcement of the name of the new Activity Center was this weekend, The Mother Theresa Center for Youth & Families.
- Old Business
- Discussion of Fall Festival and promotion of same for next year.
- Date of the Festival: Sunday, September 25th
- Amanda announced that there was no one who took over for leading. Amanda and Pat will assist in a limited capacity this year. They anticipate that it will be very low-key and simple (meal tickets only sold – no shirts). Will have music, games and auction. It was discussed that parking may be a little challenging this year with the new center.
- Ministry Reports:
- Bereavement: all doing well, noted that for the Dyer family luncheon, having sandwiches was very easy and convenient to send home
- Photography: all going well
- New Business
- Suggestion Box/E-Mail—BJ
- Suggestion was made that they need a fan by the altar servers. It was recognized and there is one in the area that can be moved over.
- Deacon Greg suggested designating one Sunday a month for parishioners to bring non-perishable foods. Put the announcement/flyer in the bulletin a week before to remind and make announcements.
- Discussion or suggestions by Pastoral council for St. Jerome parish-open forum-upcoming events.
- No December or January meetings.
- Need to start thinking about the Christmas Party – Amanda will send the “to-do” list with minutes.
- There were 4 couples at the last Newcomers Meal.
- Lloyd and BJ will be rolling off the Council at the end of the year.
- Need to start thinking about the Council retreat.
- Need to consider the Grand Opening Planning (Activity Center). Make sure to start thank-you list so no one is forgotten.
- Next Meeting Date and Lunch with Fr. Raj.
- Next dinner date will be Sunday August 21th, @ 12:30 PM @ _Poppa Rollo’s - Hewitt
- Next meeting will be Monday August 22th, @ 7:00 PM in Room 3AA
- Opening Prayer Emily
- Reflection Amanda
- Closing Prayer Peter
- Closing Prayer –BJ
- 2016 Year of Mercy –Genesis 2: 7