Experienced Worker Training Workshop
TheWorkshop provides the opportunity for those with considerable skills and experience but no formal qualifications who workin a relevant construction occupational area to gain an NVQ qualification(and CSCS Cards) by demonstrating their competence through evidence from their day-to–day work. Eligible companies can claim CITB achievement grant.
For this qualification delegates will need to attend a workshop which will take them through:
- Our organisation and how we provide support throughout the programme
- The qualification they are working towards
- Assessment routes and methods (designed to suite the individual)
- The people involved in the process
- How evidence of competency will be collected and recorded
After attending the one day workshop (which includes refreshments and lunch) delegates will know how to collect evidence while working on site, how to record it, and who to contact if they require additional support. On completion of a ‘site diary’ delegates will be assessed by a combination of observation, professional discussion and employer validation appropriate to their experience. There are no tests or exams in this assessment process. Delegates will be registered then and eligible to apply for temporary CSCS card for experienced workers.
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for those who work in the following construction occupations:The Construction Occupations available are:
- External/Internal/Cavity Wall – L2
- Roof Sheeting & Cladding – L2&3
- General Construction – L2
- Roof Slating & tiling – L2&3
- Built up Felt and Single Ply Roofer – L2
- Interior Systems(ceiling Fixing and Taping) – L2
- Plastering –L2&3
- Brickwork – L2
- Painting – L2
- Joinery – L2&3
- Formwork- L2&3
- Highways Maintenance – L2
- Additional Specialist Trades available via NSAC
- Occupational Works Supervisor – L3
What does the delegate gain?
Once the delegate has met all the assessment criteria and been signed off by your assessor they will be awarded a Level 2 or 3 NVQ Diploma.
The next steps.
You are responsible for applying for the relevant CSCS card but we will provide information, advice and guidance on how to apply(additional cost for card), providing additional support at application if required. Achievement of this qualification provides opportunities to progress to technical, supervisory and management qualifications.
Contact John Bissett, (Senior Training Coordinator) on 07826 858548 or your local CITB Company Development Advisor for more information on this programme.
To check workshop availability, call our Booking team on 0344 994 4433.