So you want to be a Psychologist?
The purpose of the project is to learn about the diagnostic process and a particular disorder. Full Credit is given for completing the project.
It’s not expected that you will diagnosis your character/patient correctly. Although your diagnosis should fit with the behaviors you observe in your character/patient.
It is possible that you will find your character/patient will exhibit characteristics of more than one disorder. Simply choose one of them, however mentioning other possible disorders should be mentioned (see directions).
- You will pick a character from the LIST.
- Since there is only one list there will be no duplicate characters, although there may be multiple characters from the same movie.
- All students will pick from the same list.
- Trading is allowed, OR after all classes have picked you can trade-in your character ONCE after school in Mr. Gerhauser’s room (225). All picks will be made prior to SPRING BREAK (Exception – those who are on school sponsored trip will get their characters upon return)
- DO NOT SIMPLY CUT AND PASTE YOUR RESEARCH. YOUR INFORMATION MUST RELATE TO YOUR CHARACTER, WHICH MEANS YOU SHOULD APPLY YOUR RESEARCH TO YOUR CHARACTER AS IF YOU WERE DIAGNOSING / TREATING HIM/HER/ IT. DO not JUST CUT AND PASTE RESEARCH.
CRHS- AP Psych Name:______Period: _____
Gerhauser / Silimperi/Oz
Movie Psychopathology Portfolio Grading Sheet
Movie Title: ______Character: ______
Project Scoring/ RequirementsDays Late / Point Deduction
On time / No deduction
1 / -4
2 / -8
3 / -12
4 / -16
5 / –20
6+ / no credit
Missing Elements / Point
1-2 / -4
3-4 / -6
5-6 / -8
7+ / no credit
Researched based writing
Minimum requirements / Comments
(MOVIE, TEXTBOOK, DSM IV, ARTICLE)
DSM-IV-RT primary source
Key Questions / Comments
Initial Diagnosis – What Disorder does your client have? Include Notations from the Multi-axial Classifications
Symptoms/behaviors of your client
Give specific examples to back up your claims
Causes of Disorder & Heredity/ Genetics
Nature vs Nurture Debate
Prevalence POPULATION – WHO? Gender features (male/female), ethnicity, age, cultural
Etiology HISTORY of the Disorder over time
Differential Diagnosis/ Other Disorders
(THE DISORDER COULD ALSO BE….)
Current treatment& Treatment changes (THEN VS. NOW); what would you prescribe your client?
Daily challenges(PATIENT OBSTACLES)
Society reactions (STEREOTYPES/ LABELS, +/-)
Prognosis (Short Term/ Long Term)
Individual Presentation: / /10
Written Project / /30
Total / /40
Use this sheet as the COVER PAGE of your written project