SISIR KUMAR MUND/ SISIR KUMAR MUND
Apartment No - 10, Block C-10, Gate No 3,
Akaria Compound, Olaya Street,
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Utilities Division, Saudi Oger Ltd.
P. O. Box 1449, Riyadh - 11431
Tel: +966 1 4190143
Cell: +966 500 164339
Date of Birth
27 January 1959
Education and Honors
University College of Engineering, Orissa, India,
Post Graduate Diploma in Materials Management,
Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan,
New Delhi, 1984
M B A – Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, 1991
Member. All India Management Association
Member, Indian Institute of Plant Engineers / Summary
Over 30 years of intensive experience in various facets of Power Projects implementation including business development, proposal formulation, bidding, procurement, project management, etc. in the Power Sector - out of which 27 years in NTPC, India and more than 3 years in Saudi Oger, Saudi Arabia.
I have over 6 years of direct experience of proposal formulation & project development of Independent Power & Water Projects in the very competitive Middle East Power market, both from NTPC as well from Saudi Oger.
Presently working as Project Development Manager with the utilities Division of Saudi Oger Ltd, responsible for all facets of proposal formulation and project development of IPP/IWPPs.
Key Work Experience:
Saudi Oger Ltd
From Jan 2008 till date:
Presently responsibilities includes development and implementation of Independent Power Projects (IPP) / Independent Water & Power Projects (IWPP) in Middle East, comprising of the following work/activities:
Formation of consortium with key international players for bidding for IPP/IWPP in ME countries.
Preparation and submission of Capability documentations / RFQs for qualifying the consortium.
Formulation of Winning Bid Strategy.
Appointment of Financial and Legal Advisors for the Project
Preparation of Consortium Agreement, JV Agreement etc.
Review and comments on various documents viz. Power Purchase Agreement, Implementation Agreement, Fuel Supply Agreement, etc. for the Project.
Preparation of EPC and O&M Term Sheets and negotiation with the Contractors.
Review & comments on EPC Proposal.
Estimation of balance cost elements viz. project development costs, O&M costs, etc.
Interfacing the Financial Advisors for soliciting debt finance for the project. Discussions/presentation to prospective Lenders, etc.
Tariff Calculation and Financial Modeling
Project Risk Analysis and Mitigation measures
Preparation of bids / RFPs for submission to Client
NTPC Ltd, India
Nov 1981 to Jan 2008
- Over 7 years of experience in procurement of equipment/systems/packages for power generation projects / transmission systems under ICB tendering as per procedures of World Bank / Multilateral Funding Agencies in NTPC’s Contract Services Division.
- Over 3 years of experience of providing Consultancy / Advisory services to NTPC Clients for procurement of goods and services under World Bank funding procedures, in NTPC’s Consultancy Wing.
- Over 3 years of experience of procurement and project management for NTPC’s first overseas Contract for turnkey construction of a 400KV transmission system at Dubai, UAE, in Consultancy Wing
- 2 years of experience of bidding and execution of Renovation & Modernization projects in India during deputation to NTPC’s JV Company – NTPC Alstom Power Services Limited (NASL), India.
- Over 12 years of experience of marketing of NTPC Services involving consultancy services from concept-to-commissioning and O&M services to Clients in India and Overseas. Was responsible for preparation of proposals and pursuing with Clients for securing the Order. Responsibility also includes pursuing development of Power Projects overseas.
- Experience of pursuing IPP Projects in Oman, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Jordan and other countries. During the last 6 years, I have been involved in the following IPP/IWPP bids:
- Al Manakher IPP, Jordan
- Al Qatrana IPP, Jordan
- Salalah IWPP, Oman
- Rabigh IPP, Saudi Arabia
- Riyadh IPP, Saudi Arabia
- Barka III & Sohar II IPPs in Oman
- Sur IPP, Oman
- Jordan IPP3, Jordan
- Projects in Sri Lanka & Nigeria on MOU basis.
- Finalizing Memorandum of Agreement for development of a 2x250MW Coal fired Power Project in Sri Lanka.
- Finalization of an Memorandum of Understanding for setting up a Gas and Coal Power Project in Nigeria and sourcing LNG from Nigeria for NTPC’s power projects in India.
- Successful Project management of a 400KV Transmission System in Dubai, in 1991.
- Procurement Consultant to NTPC Clients in India for guiding in procurement of goods under World Bank funding.
- Finalizing the Contracts for the first 500KV HVDC Transmission System in India.