CENTRAL RAILWAYMEDICAL DEPARTMENT
SELECTION OF HOUSE OFFICERS FOR DNB (Gynaecology) & Non-DNB (Plain) in Surgery
The candidates who have cleared Diploma and are willing to join DNB in the following subject offered by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, at our Hospital, are requested to submit their applications in the prescribed format to the office of Medical Director, Bharat Ratna Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Memorial Hospital, Central Railway, Byculla, Mumbai.400 027 by 27/5/2011 positively.
SEATS AVAILABLESpecialty / Number of Posts (DNB) / Duration of Training DNB / Non DNB (Plain) / Duration of Training Non DNB
Gynaecology / 1 Secondary / 2 yrs / - / -
Surgery / One
Candidate shall appear for viva examination on 28/5/11 at 10.00 hrs at Medical Director’s chambers (Room No.27, Ground floor).
The forms can be obtained from the above office upto 26/5/11 on payment only Rs.200/- for DNB form.)
Candidates are requested to report on the day of examination by 10.00 Hrs.
NOTE:Candidate would receive stipend only from August 2011 onwards (i.e paid in September for month of August)
- The stipend payable to the House Surgeon will be Rs. 29760/- + DA for 1st year, Rs. 30550/- + DA for 2nd year and Rs. 31340/- + DA for 3rd year The terms of appointment will be for a period of 2 years, years for DNB as applicable 6 months for Non DNB Rs.12801/-
- Free furnished (Austerity) accommodation will be provided in a suitable Railway accommodation near the Hospital. Two or three Doctors (House Surgeons) may be put up in one Room.
- No private practice will be allowed. The House surgeons will have no authority to issue any Medical certificates to Railway Employees.
- Free treatment for the House Surgeons in case of sickness will be admissible.
- A Railway Telephone will be provided.
- The House surgeon will work under the control of Medical Director, Byculla and will have to be present for emergency calls and emergency duties as required. The candidates should be willing to work and devote their full time to the work and studies and should be genuinely interested.
- No pass or payment for coming for written test and interview will be given to the candidates; they have to come on their own expenses.
- The candidates should be prepared to join on a date decided by the Railway Administration.
- The candidates who reject the appointment offered to them or fail to join or leave in the middle of the tenure of appointment will not be considered for any other such posts in future.
- The House surgeon shall exhibit good conduct and discipline and will abide by the rules and regulations of the hospital.
- These will be no provision of any earned leave for House Surgeons, but casual leave to total of 12 days in a year will be allowed. (One day for each completed one month.)
- One set of First class complimentary pass after One year satisfactory service will be given only from Mumbai. To Hometown.
- Applications along with certified copies of certificates including internship completion, MBBS final mark sheet, attempt and registration certificates should be submitted to the Medical Director, Central Railway Hospital, Byculla, Opp. Jijamata Bhosale Udyan, Mumbai.400 027 so as to reach this office on or before 27/5/2011.
- Candidates selected will have to give an undertaking that he/she will not leave the Training for the period selected.
- All the applications will be screened and list of the candidates called for interview will be put up on the NOTICE BOARD on the internet at www. Central Railway online. com. prior to examination. Right to call such candidates lies entirely with the undersigned. (Only 30 top candidates will be called for Oral exam.)
- All candidates should note that they can apply for one post only either in DNB or non - DNB and also in one subject only. Candidates applying for multiple posts, their application will be rejected.
17. No written or telephonic communication will be sent to the candidates regarding posting of merit lists (Candidate called for the interviews).Candidates are supposed to see notice board /at website regularly for the declaration or results, procedure for joining and follow the instructions carefully.