Procter Center Respite Care Assistant (Contract Position)
Position Summary: The Respite Care Assistant (RCA) will help plan and implement all aspects of the program. Person must be able to work independently within a small group of adults and children. This will include the implementation of the program with the Respite Care Coordinator and Procter staff. Understand and utlilized best practices and safety protocol for the care of children in a camp setting. Must be able to stay on site for duration of the program, specifically from Friday 3pm to Sunday 11am.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and would like to apply, please send your resume to Amy Boyd at with Respite Care in the subject line.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Respite Care Coordinator (RCC) to prepare and implement the program.
- In coordination of the RCC this position will:
- Plan all activities for the weekend
- Implement all aspects of the program including but not limited to art, singing, games, team building, cooking with youth, outside activities including hikes, camp fire building, fishing, canoeing and kayaking (weather permitting)
- Supervise children around the clock from arrival to departure
- Assist with the coordination of meals to either be prepared by the group or from the kitchen
- Coordinate supplies with the RCC based on planned program
Program Participant Safety
- Follows safety procedures and procedures for the protection of young people in accordance with Safe Church On-line Training which must be completed prior to working with children.
- All program staff must have background checks in accordance with the Diocese of Southern Ohio and state/county laws.
- Program staff must have current First Aid/CPR certifications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable) or currently enrolled in college to obtain a degree in social work, recreation, environmental studies, education, natural science, outdoor recreation, or related field and at least one year of experience working with children.
- Working knowledge of educational program design and assessment of programs for all age groups and diverse audiences, and demonstrated experience working with groups of children, adults, and families.
- Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and computer literacy, particularly word-processing, e-mail, database, and presentation functions.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with the ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Must have flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends, as required and the ability to travel, including staying overnight. Experience and comfort with camping outdoors preferred.
- Must be committed to the Procter Center’s mission and have a thorough understanding of how the mission will be fulfilled with the Respite Care program at Procter.
Must be proficient with Microsoft applications and other office equipment. Safely use the log splitter for firewood.
Must be in good physical condition. Working outdoors with campers requires some degree of physical activity but mostly normal lifting, reaching, bending, walking on uneven ground, etc.
This is contract 1099 income. The contracted amount for the weekend will be $250 which will include time that may be spent prior to the weekend planning for the program with the coordinator. This also includes time spent prior to the first weekend taking the on-line Safe Church Training. All candidates must successfully complete this training. Candidates must have BCI and FBI background check completed prior to working at the Procter Center.
Procter Camp and Conference Center 11235 St. Rt. 38 SE London OH 43140