Press Bulletin Delhi Police 25 September 2008
Snatcher arrested:-Usmanpur police arrested one Chandrabhan 21 yrs R/O Gali No 22 Shaheed Bhagat Singh Colony Karawal Nagar while he was trying to flee after snatching chain from Kapil Bansal 21 yrs R/O Ghonda yesterday night. According to DCP North East office complainant Kapil Bansal was standing near Pan shop when Chandrabhan snatched his chain. Constable Narender who was present in the area came to the spot after noticing the commotion. He chased and apprehended the accused thereby recovering the snatched chain. With his arrest four cases of snatching in the area have been solved.
Two arrested with illegal arms: - Acting on a tip off North East distt police arrested two persons from different places an recovered loaded country made pistols from their possession. According to DCP North East Office Accused Amir was arrested by Welcome police whereas Vijay was arrested by Seelampur police yesterday.
25th September 2008
MEETINGS ORGANISED WITH THE PROMINENT CITIZENS UNDER ‘EYES & EARS SCHEME’
Central District police organized two meetings with the groups of prominent citizens in the area of P.S. Jama Masjid & P.S. Hauz Kazi under ‘Eyes & Ears Scheme’ –
1. A meeting with the members of Nagrik Suraksha Samiti/PS Jama Masjid, RWAs, other societies/associations and prominent citizens of P.S. Jama Masjid area was organized by DCP/Central District on 20.09.08 at Conference Hall, Jama Masjid in which Addl.DCP/Central District, ACP/Darya Ganj, SHO/Jama Masjid were present. The total gathering was approx. 300. Shri Nasruddin (Convener), Shri Jamaluddin (Sadar – Motor Market, Meena Bazar), Hanif Bhai, Kayamuddin, Salekh Chand Jain (Pradhan – Paper Market, Chawri Bazar), Shri Akram (President – RWA/Matia Mahal) and other prominent citizens/organizers were also present. All were briefed about the measures of ‘Eyes & Ears Scheme’. They were requested to sensitize the public about precautionary steps to be adopted due to the recent bomb blasts in Delhi i.e. not to touch any unclaimed article lying at public place and on seeing any such article, inform police immediately; information about any suspected person be given to police; make proper verification of their tenants; proper maintenance of records at Guest Houses, STD Booths, Cyber Cafes, Parking lots etc. A 2-minute silence was maintained in the honour of Late Shri Mohan Chand Sharma who met with a heroic death during an encounter with the terrorist involved in the recent bomb blasts.
2. On 24.09.08, another public meeting was organized in P.S. Hauz Kazi under the chairmanship of DCP/Central District which was also attended by ACP/Kamla Market, SHO/Hauz Kazi, Inspr. Law & Order, Inspr. Investigation. There was about 150-160 participants including HSPOs, Members of Civil Defence, Member of Aman Committee, Members of Nagrik Suraksha Samiti, Members of Market Welfare Association (Chawri Bazar, Nai Sarak, Ajmeri Bazar & Bazar Sirkiwala). The other prominent participants were Shri Satender Jain, Shri Jamshed Siddiqui (President – Aman Committee), Shri Krishan Murari Gupta, Shri Rajender Gupta (Chawri Bazar Paper Market Association). In the meeting, all were briefed about maintenance of law & order in the forthcoming festival of Id & Ramlila celebration. All were requested to extend their co-operation to the local police in maintaining law & order during processions and to strengthen communal harmony & brotherhood. They were further requested not to believe on any rumor and to contact the police authorities in case of any emergency.
DY. COMMISSIONER OF POLICE:
CENTRAL DISTRICT, DELHI.
25th September, 2008
MYSTERY OF BURGLARY SOLVED WITH THE ARREST OF DOMESTIC SERVANT
With the arrest of one Anand Das aged 27 years s/o Ramesh Das r/o Vill. Moha Bisara, PS Igra, Distt. Midnapur, West Bengal, Central District police has solved a burglary case took place in the area of PS Rajender Nagar on the night of 20.09.08.
Jewellery articles including One Gold Bracelet, 11 Pairs Ear Rings of Diamond & Gold, One Diamond Ring, 10 Necklace (Gold & Artificial), One Green Gold Jewellery Set, 4 Gold Nose Pins, Rs. 6,000/- cash & one Cash Pot (earthen) have been recovered.
Shri Mohit Khanna s/o Om Parkash Khanna r/o Shop No. 7, Double Storey Market, New Rajinder Nagar, Delhi reported that on 20.07.08 at about 9:30 PM, he along with his family had gone outside to visit the house of his relative after properly locking the house. At about 11:30 PM, when they returned home, they found that the main gate was bolted from inside. He went inside the house after scaling over the main gate and found that the doors of bathroom were broken open and the house was ransacked. On checking, he found that the jewellery articles and cash about Rs. 6-7 thousands were stolen. Subsequently, a case vide FIR No. 190/08 u/s 457/380 IPC was registered at P.S. Rajender Nagar and investigation was taken up.
TEAM & INVESTIGATION
A team consisting of Inspr. Investigation/PS Rajender Nagar Kailash Chand, SI Om Parkash, HC Surender, Ct. Dharambir and Ct. Satish was constituted under the supervision of Inspr. Jagdish Pd. SHO/Rajender Nagar, Central District, Delhi.
It was a blind case and there was no lead about the identity of the accused person. During investigation, it was revealed that there were two maidservants employed in the house who used to visit the house in morning and evening hours. Besides, one domestic servant was also employed there who used to reside in the house in a separate room. The complainant has full faith over his domestic servants namely Anand Das as he was employed there for the last about eight years and during this period, he did not make any nuisance in the house. The family members were of the view that Anand Das was a very honest, faithful and hard-working servant. Moreover, Anand Das has also alleged that his cash pot (earthen) had also been stolen.
During questioning, Anand Das was not showing normal behaviour and there were signs of perplexity on his face which created suspicion. Moreover, before departure of the family members on the night of incident, he also left the house before 15/30 minutes with the plea that he was going to meet his relative at Chirag Delhi. Scientific mode of investigation was also used and it was revealed that he was present in the area of New Rajender Nagar at the time of incident. Thereafter, Anand Das was put on sustained interrogation in which he broke down and confessed to have committed the crime.
In his disclosure, he told that he had won the faith of all the family members during his service of about eight years. He was well aware of the places where jewellery and cash was kept in the house. To distract the investigation, he also concocted a false story that he had to visit the house of his relative while he was present nearby the house and after ensuring the departure of all the family members, he committed the incident. He further pretended that his cash box has also been stolen so that nobody could raise suspicion over him but due to the excellent piece of investigation of the police team, his plan was aborted.
At the instance of Anand Das, the burgled articles including jewellery and cash Rs.6,000/- have been recovered from the house of his relative at Madangir, Delhi.
1. Jewellery articles including One Gold Bracelet, 11 Pairs Ear Rings of Diamond & Gold, One Diamond Ring, 10 Necklace (Gold & Artificial), One Green Gold Jewellery Set, 4 Gold Nose Pins
2. Rs. 6,000/- cash
3. One Cash Pot (earthen) belonging to the accused
Anand Das s/o Ramesh Das r/o Vill. Moha Bisara, PS Igra, Distt. Midnapur, West Bengal is 27 years old. He has studied upto 5th standard. His parents and one sister use to reside at native place. He came to Delhi along with his relative about 10 years ago and was working as domestic servant in the house of Shri Mohit Khanna for last about eight years. He had won the trust of all the members of the family and they used to treat him as a family member.
DY. COMMISSIONER OF POLICE:
CENTRAL DISTRICT, DELHI.
COUPLE ARRESTED-CLUELESS MURDER SOLVED
COUPLE USED TO LURE VICTIM THROUGH INTERNET CHATTING
With the arrest of two persons namely Eric Anthony William Massey r/o Khan pur Village, age 30 years and Liza(name changed) age 27 years, the Dwarka police has busted a gang of druggist cum murderers who used to lure the victims through internet chatting. The lady would entice the victim for meeting, administer drugs in the beverage etc. and flee away with the valuables including laptop etc. A murder case in which a highly decomposed dead body was found in the area of Dwarka was also solved with their arrest.
On 18/7/08 at 7.07AM highly decomposed body of one Mahesh Kumar Goel r/o Mayur Vihar Phase-I Delhi-91 was found inside the Maruti Car Zen No. DL-7CA-7231 which was parked at main road Aashirwad Chowk in front of Ayusman Hospital, Sect.12 Dwarka. He was missing from the night of 15/7/08 from Mayur Vihar and a missing information had already been lodged at P.S Mayur Vihar. His articles including credit card, purse, mobile phone. Laptop etc. were found missing. A case FIR No. 541/08 u/s 302 IPC P.S Sec.23 Dwarka was registered and investigation taken up.
A team consisting of Insp. Sudhir Singh, Inspr. Investigation, S.I Narender Chahar, P.S Dwarka , S.I Surender Chahal I/C PP Mangla puri and Ct. Ramesh was formed under the guidance of SHO T.R. Mongia and under the close supervision of Sh. Rajender Singh ACP/Dwarka Sub-division. During the course of investigation it was revealed that deceased had retired from Indian Oil company on 30/10/2007 as chief manager and was currently working in Indian oil tanking Ltd. Mathura road Delhi since Nov 2007. He had left his residence on 15/7/08 in the morning and gone to his office after telling her wife that he will return the next day as he has to go out of station in connection with some official work. When the deceased Mahesh Goel did not return his house on 16/7/08 , his family members tried to contact him on his mobile phone which was found switched off. Later they lodged missing information in the P.S Mayur Vihar .
During the course of investigation it was revealed that some house hold articles and jewellery were purchased by using the credit card of the deceased on 16/07/08/ and 17/07/08 by a lady from 1) Sharma Departmantel Store, Madangir 2) Ram lal electronics , Madan gir, 3) Electronics Plaza, Kalka Ji 4) Kapoor Jewellers, Kalkaji, but no other clue about the accused were found. From the description given by the shopkeeper, it was found that the same lady has used the credit card at all the places. However, no one knew who the lady was. After painstaking efforts, the police team triangulated upon the area of probable residence of the couple. Eric Massey was apprehended from Khanpur and on his instance his lady accomplice namely Liza (name changed) was also apprehended from Madingir on 24/9/08. On thorough questioning the duo broke down and confessed their crime. They informed that Liza had chatted with deceased Mahesh Goel over internet and had lured him to meet her in the evening of 15/7/08 at Matropolitan Mall, Gurgaon. On 15/7/08 at about 7.30 PM Mahesh Goel reached at the pre-determined venue i.e Matropolitan Mall in his Maruti Zen car. Both Eric Anthony William Massey and Liza were already present in the parking lot of the said Mall. Liza met Mahesh Goel in his car in the parking lot and offered him pastries (laced with drugs) to welcome him. Mahesh Goel consumed the same and fell unconscious in his car. In the meanwhile Eric Anthony Willian Massey who was also present in the parking drove the car towards Gurgaon High way toll tax. They wanted to leave the car and unconscious Mahesh Goel nearby Toll Tax but they could not find a suitable place due to dense traffic. Thereafter they reached Sec.4 Dwarka market where the unconscious Mahesh Goel gained some consciousness and resisted while the duo were searching for his wallet etc. Eric Anthony William Massey repeatedly gave him blows consequent to which he died. The duo picked up his belongings including laptop, credit card, photo Identity card and brief case as well as wallet of the deceased and fled away from the spot.
MODUS OPERANDI: It was revealed that Liza who is originally a resident of Ahmdabad came to Delhi one and half year ago and started working as a customer care executive at a call center in Gurgaon. She had accommodation problem and started living in the house of Eric Anthony William Massey. Both became good friends. She left her call center job six month ago and being fluent in English as well as having versatile communication skills, she and Anthony formulated a game plan to fleece the internet users who used to chat on friendship sites. Liza used to chat from the various cyber cafes located in South Delhi under several E-mail addresses in different names like maya_thakur & sara_jones. Some unsuspected surfers used to come in contact with her. She used to chat with them and then propose for some meeting at a prominent place like a mall or movie theater. When the unsuspecting victim reached the designated spot, the duo would be present with the drug laced food stuffs and administer the victim on the pretext of offering soft drink, pastry, cold coffee etc. After consuming the drug laced beverage/food the victim fell unconscious and they took away all the valuables from the victim.
CASES/INCIDENTS SOLVED : The duo also confessed that they were involved in similar incidents :
1. In the month of june 2008 one Navneet was similarly duped/robbed of his lap-top and credit cards near South-X , Ansal Plaza.
2. In the month of August 2008 one Hyder was duped/robbed in faridabad.
3. In the month of August 2008 one Amit Khysap was duped/robbed of his mobile phones, credit cards etc. near Ansal Plaza South X.