Posting Title:Administrative Assistant for Volunteer Support
Posting Period:23 June 2016 – 08 July 2016
Contract Type:Full-time position with 3 Months’ probation period
The U.S. Peace Corps is now accepting applications for the following full-time Personal Service Contract position: Administrative Assistant for Volunteer Support.
Administrative Assistant for Volunteer Support provides interactive administrative services for Peace Corps Volunteers in the field. This will specifically entail the keeping of volunteer records, handling all logistical and bureaucratic services, travel services, housing and utilities, volunteer satisfaction surveys, and interaction with Headquarters on volunteer affairs. In addition, the Administrative Assistant for Volunteer Support will be responsible for supporting the Administrative Unit on financial, travel, budgeting, reception and general administration.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: University degree in the fields of tourism / hotel management, international affairs, economics or business administration.
• Oral and written Fluency in English, Kyrgyz and Russian is required.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience particularly in customer service, hospitality, administrative services, diplomatic services, travel arrangements, finance, reporting and budget monitoring, records keeping, including the experience of working with diversified units, local vendors, and government.
• Computer literacy: competence and confidence in Word and Excel, Email/calendar applications, Internet, database work, including data entry, searching and reporting;
• The applicant must have good analytical skills; critical thinking and problem solving ability with proven service and customer orientation, as well as demonstrable ability to successfully develop capacity and team.
• Candidates should be able to work both independently and in teams, with a strong background in cross cultural interactions. Good interpersonal and communication skills are critical. The ability to work well under pressure and with short deadlines is mandatory. They should be highly organized with attention to detail.
Application form and job description are available at the Peace Corps website: https://www.peacecorps.gov/kyrgyz-republic/staff-and-jobs/
Submit applications (Form SF 171) in English by email to no later than July 12, 2016, by 5:00 pm. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Administrative Assistant for Volunteer Support”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.