Player Care & Support Assistant U17-U21
Hours of Work:/
Head of Academy Education & Welfare
Role SummaryTo assist the Head of Education and Welfare and the Under 21s Manager in providing care and support to all players, staff and parents and facilitate clear communication with other departments within the Academy. To support, where appropriate, the education and welfare of players from Under 17-21 and be available to take part in and contribute to the planning of tours and tournaments for teams within these age groups.
- Education & Welfare
- To develop strong relationships with parents of Academy players (U17-U21)
- To facilitate communication between parents and education/coaching/other Academy Depts.
- To support the school work support sessions as and when required
- To regularly seek the opinions of parents and carers of Academy players through questionnaires and other monitoring tools
- To analyse feedback from parents and share, where and when appropriate, with relevant members of Academy staff and other departments
- To contribute to Academy in-service training and presentations where and when appropriate
- To attend and contribute to U18-U21 MDT meetings and discussions
- To maintain appropriate records, prepare assessments and reports; providing statistics as appropriate to the role
- To devise and coordinate a Performance Education programme and provision of courses suitable for the age range
- Visit players on loan; completing reports where and when appropriate
- Be a part of the Academy Host Family Panel; regularly visiting our accommodation providers
- To attend tours and tournaments with specific age group players both at home and abroad
- College liaison and close working relationship with CPC
- Formulate exit strategy and record keeping of destinations for players leaving the Academy
- Point of contact for guidance around American Scholarships
- Monitor potential safeguarding children risks and work with the Academy Safeguarding Officer, and the Head of Safeguarding for Everton Football Club to promote safer working practice throughout the Academy
- Understand the Academy Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Best Practice guidelines. Use this understanding to ensure safer recruitment, safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to an Anti-bullying, pro-equality and diversity environment
- Provide on-going feedback to relevant medical, coaching, sports science, recruitment and management staff
- Share, where appropriate, information from discussions with parents/carers in the interest of player welfare.
- Communicate immediately with Academy Head of Education & Welfare and Head of Safeguarding when issues of significant welfare and safeguarding are witnessed/reported
- Other Responsibilities
- To take part in, and lead where required, age-group tours within the UK and abroad
- To maintain qualifications pertinent to the role
- To attend meetings at the Premier League, or related training events, concerning player welfare/safeguarding
- To be aware of EPPP rules and requirements pertinent to the role
- To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development
- To attend Academy in-service training and that organised by the FA when and where appropriate
- To undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the Club
- Work with other departments and proactively recommend resolutions, which overcome operational challenges and exceed requirements
- Maintain knowledge on the Academy activities and services to provide best possible support and leadership
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested
PERSON SPECIFICATIONSkills & Abilities
Essential / Desirable
- The ability to meet and talk informally with parents around the training facility and to be available to discuss Academy/player related issues as and when required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To be analytical and to problem solve
- Ability to stay calm and make decisions in pressurised situations
- Ability to work as part of a team and pro-actively as an individual
- Ability to communicate on different levels with individuals from many diverse backgrounds and social situations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, responding effectively to shifting deadlines
- Excellent IT and inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to listen and respond to individuals needs
- The ability to deliver information and Performance Education sessions to groups of young players and parents, sometimes together, but quite often separately
Knowledge & Experience
Essential / Desirable
- To have worked with and supported young people in a sporting/education environment.
- To have worked with outside agencies in relation to child welfare
- To have been involved in the organisation of residential trips for young people
- To have knowledge of school and college curriculum structures, 8-18 years
- To have worked with Academy players in some capacity.
- To have been involved in local, regional and national schools sport.
- To have knowledge of Safeguarding legislation and best practice.
- To be up to date with all developments in education across all Key Stages and Academy Development Phases
Essential / Desirable
- A commitment to the well-being and personal development of young people.
- To have an empathy with talented young people.
- To display and demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in respect of all of the needs of our young people.
- To display the Everton Academy Values and be able to live the Academy Vision.
- Capable of dealing with changing priorities and situations
- People focused and able to develop and build existing and new working relationships
- Approachable and open-minded
- Passionate, self-motivated, positive and ‘can do’ approach
- Flexible approach to working unsociable hours (evenings and weekends) as required.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to travel on a national scale if required
Essential / Desirable
- Qualified Teaching Status (QTS)
- Teaching experience
- Pastoral Manager or similar experience
- Safeguarding qualification/experience
- Coaching qualifications
- Counselling qualifications.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIESGeneral Responsibilities
Employee RelationsTo make suggestions to improve the working situation and contribute to positive employee relations within their area of work and Everton Football Club as a whole.
Health & Safety
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other employees and members of the public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
To comply with all aspects of the Everton Football Club Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements, to enable the Company to perform its civil and statutory obligations in relation to Health & Safety.
Customer ServiceIdentify and meet the needs of colleagues and our customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
Recognise potential complaint situations and make effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
Self DevelopmentTo take responsibility for your own development and to help realize your own potential by undertaking any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with the Company’s Performance and Development Review Policy.
Ensure effective communication within your work team and across the Company whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
Equal Opportunities and HarassmentTo cooperate with measures introduced to ensure there is equality of opportunity in employment. To ensure understanding, awareness and compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policies.
To ensure that the working environment is free of sexual and racial harassment and intimidation and any other form of harassment constituting unacceptable behaviour which is personally offensive.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.