Notes Taken by Jodie Katofsky
PFA Meeting Minutes
September 6, 2016
Notes taken by Jodie Katofsky
**anyone who did not attend the meeting please review the notes
-Approval minutes from August 8. Shelbee makes a motion to approve; Colby seconds the approval.
-Introductions from all the board members and guests
-Athena and Jasmine to be voted fundraiser position. All in favor; no objections. Vote approved unanimously.
- Krissy Freeman – thank you for supply sorting
-registration Day very successful
-Kinder/journey meet up- great event
-back to school nights successful
-new family welcome- please RSVP
-movie night bring your own Picnic September 9
-movie starts 7:45. Movie is Zootopia.
City of Calabasas Councilmembers Alicia Weintraub and David Shapiro:
-opened the senior center to anyone 50 and over behind the library
-old town construction for a park and ride faculty free parking lot from the city Calabasas road.
- they meet every other Wednesday 7:00 City Hall.
-proud to support the schools 1.4 million dollars to the schools committed to maintain that partnership
-Chaparral and Calabasas high school have later start time to avoid traffic
- stop lights on parkway Calabasas are overseeing the lights you can get the app they are a coordinated effort that is maintained by the city.
- Alicia and David are the Liaisons for the city council send emails please email if you have any questions or concerns.
- in 2 years city will have a 1 million dollar deficit
-one item on the ballet measure F 67 homes and three story hotel approved my council now needs to be approved by measure F.
-October 5 walk to school day
- pumpkin festival October 15-16
-October 22 free flu shot
-agriculture and engineering opening position at the city
- thank you to the PFA for all your time
- love seeing new faces encourage people to come especially new families
- school side updates - kids doing well positive energy three new teachers all doing great
- handed out the treasurer check sheet. Please review. Contact treasurers with questions.
- updated budget
- doing well financially
- check request 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month
- advance requests for petty cash or Clover Go’s
Board Member 2-minute reports:
Executive Vice President:
-Updated calendar passed around the PFA the calendar
-enrichment is moving along
Administrative Vice Presidents:
-Proposal Meeting coming up. Teachers are able to submit items they need September 27 8:15 meeting. Need PFA Board attendance and a quorum vote for proposals.
-AFD 45% turned in their form. Under $143,000 need to get to $400,000
-Forms coming in but slowly
- sports party for each class gets 100%
- homework passes will be handed out soon for those who met AFD deadline.
-Movie night September 6 starts 6:30 boys and girls club bring blankets and dinner movie will start 7:45
-camp keystone is donating the equipment for movie night
-weekly blasts except the first Sunday of the month which has a newsletter, if you want something to be in by the 20th of the prior month. If you want something to be in the weekly need to be summited on Tuesday.
-Party book doing well. Flyer to be sent home with students and in weekly Sunday email blast.
-Mother son date is moved from October to May due to event chair’s availability.
- Casino night December 3
- Ralphs sign up 45 total. Had 40 last year total for school year. We have potential to reach much more if we can get more sign-ups.
- Carnival - big changes such as individual class rooms will be in charge of a booth each. Room parents to coordinate class booths. Planning meeting in progress. More details to come.
- Working on Red Ribbon Week planning. Busy little chefs coming for journeys and kinder - big focus on kindness and health
- Birthday book club sold 5x more than in the past years.
-$11,000 sponsorship revenue to date.
-Regular cameras are better for yearbook photos. Send all photos to: for yearbook
-Check your PFA Board Member mailboxes. Last year PFA did not check their mail and things were not claimed in time (directory forms, checks, etc).
- Parents complaining about traffic light issues.
- Carline updates, info and rules. Class Carline schedule is now posted.
- We will bring back the Bay Laurel Holiday Boutique for November 2017. We have 3 chairs or the event who will begin planning.
***Meeting adjourned at 9:48am.